Bay Area Book Artists' Show...

  • Patrice Baldwin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2003
      Y'all:

      The annual Bay Area Book Artists' Show "Book Arts Jam" is going to be
      held on Saturday, October 18th. The applications for a (juried) table
      at this one day show are due before June 22. I would like to do this
      show, but don't want to go alone. Is anyone interesting in going with
      me and/or sharing a table? I heard that last year it drew quite a
      large crowd. I think it would be fun.

      Here's what the prospectus says:

      A one day event for Book Artists and institutions showing limited
      editions, as well as one-of-a-kind handmade artist books, zines,
      letterpress books and broadsides, mailart, calligraphy, fine art
      prints and multiples. Exhibitors rent a table in an indoor environment
      at Foothill College in the heart of Silicon Valley. The intent is to
      create a mini-open studio for book artists to show and sell their
      work, to see the work of others and to educate visitors about the book
      arts. Exhibitors will go through a jury process to ensure diversity of
      media and the quality of the work. Slides, photos or copies of work
      must be sent in before June 22nd. It's $25 to apply.

      Anyone interested?

      Patrice Baldwin