Fw: [LABAC] Patrice Baldwin's Eccentric Bindings

    Message 1 of 2 , May 16, 2003
      From: rosequeen48
      To: LABAC@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2003 9:58 AM
      Subject: [LABAC] Patrice Baldwin's Eccentric Bindings

      Those of you who missed Patrice Baldwin's Eccentric Bindings class
      last weekend need to move heaven and earth to make sure you sign up
      for the next session! Patrice had a few decades' worth of sample books
      for us to look at and then she just sort of turned us loose to use the
      ideas we got from them. She has so many examples that you could take
      this class over and over and never make the same book twice (I
      certainly plan to take it again!). And if you are attracted by
      miniature books, you absolutely must take her class!

      Diana B.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Enter:

    • Patrice Baldwin
      Message 2 of 2 , May 16, 2003
        Hey, many thanks for the kudos. We really had great fun that weekend.

        I have my workshop schedule for the summer:

        July 19/20 I'll be doing the Eccentric Contemporary Book Structures
        again. I hope you'll try it out.

        August 3 I'm doing a Basic Bookbinding for Beginners. We'll produce
        four basic structures plus as many variations as there is time for.
        You will learn cutting, glueing, folding and how to use all the tools
        on the bookbinder's desk.

        August 9/10 will be "Icorporating Text in Your Book" This workshop
        will take you through the process from three different starting
        places. Beginning with the text first, then with the title only, then
        with only a structure in mind, you will design three books. We will
        discuss copyrights, appropriate papers and type faces for each one. We
        will also make our own designs for the covering materials. For
        bookmakers with a little experience making books.

        August 23 I will take you through the many variations of the "Side
        Stab Structure" that have such manifold diversity. Special decorative
        side sewings, hard and soft cover books for special uses, Japanese
        styles and Western adaptations.

        September 20 is the repeat of the ever-popular "Working With Leather
        Fearlessly." We will see exactly what leather will do when poked and
        prodded, sliced and skived. You'll be surprised!

        October 11/12 We will do "Edition Book Production." This workshop is
        for people who want to produce editions to sell (as in 'make money!').
        For those with some bookmaking experience. We will produce two (very)
        limited editions and learn the process of production from idea to
        promotion.

        Hope to see some of you Central Coasters in LA this summer!

        Cheers,

        Patrice