Re: [bookartsconnection] Show and opening party

  • littlewoodstudio@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 6, 2003
      Dear Ines,

      Sorry, I thought I was being clear. I mean the Saturday of Memorial Day
      weekend, May 24th. The show will have been up for a day so we can celebrate
      that, plus anything else we dream up that amuses us.

      Here are the dates again:

      Last day to bring work for the show: Sunday, May 18th, at my house, 435 E.
      Pedregosa, (898-9260). (If anyone hasn't been here, I am a few blocks south
      of the Old Mission.)

      Sara Norquay and I will be hanging the show the week of May 19th to 23rd.
      Come join us!

      The show is open to the public from noon to 7:00 P.M. on Saturday, Sunday and
      Monday the 24th, 25th, and 26th of May. This is a three day weekend for most
      people.

      We will have our opening party that Saturday evening from 5:00 on. (This
      seems like a better time than Friday evening when the crew hanging the show
      is doing finishing touches.) Just bring something to snack on and it's an
      instant party!

      Jill
      jill@...
    • Patrice Baldwin
      Message 2 of 6 , May 7, 2003
        For those interested in displaying/selling their books, cards or
        whatever, let me know <mailto:patbooks@...>. You'll need to
        bring your own card table, chair, table cover, lunch, water bottle,
        receipt book, change, business cards or promotional material etc.
        It'll be outside, so a hat might be appropriate too, besides I like hats.

        See ya there!

        Patrice

        >Saturday of Memorial Day
        > weekend, May 24th. The show will have been up for a day so we can
        celebrate
        > that, plus anything else we dream up that amuses us.
        >
        > Here are the dates again:
        >
        > Last day to bring work for the show: Sunday, May 18th, at my house,
        435 E.
        > Pedregosa, (898-9260). (If anyone hasn't been here, I am a few
        blocks south
        > of the Old Mission.)
        >
        > Sara Norquay and I will be hanging the show the week of May 19th to
        23rd.
        > Come join us!
        >
        > The show is open to the public from noon to 7:00 P.M. on Saturday,
        Sunday and
        > Monday the 24th, 25th, and 26th of May. This is a three day weekend
        for most
        > people.
        >
        > We will have our opening party that Saturday evening from 5:00 on.
        (This
        > seems like a better time than Friday evening when the crew hanging
        the show
        > is doing finishing touches.) Just bring something to snack on and
        it's an
        > instant party!
        >
        > Jill
        > jill@l...
      • sally timlin
        Message 3 of 6 , May 10, 2003
          Hi all,Several of my students and I are planning on having a table set up with books for sale to benefit the adult ed. book arts program. With the drastic budget cuts we're seeing, smaller programs like ours run a great risk of being cut. If anyone out there has any suggestions about how to keep our program going in these meager times...we'd definitely be interested in hearing them. Thanks. Sally Timlinartgirl68@...

          Patrice Baldwin <patbooks@...> wrote:For those interested in displaying/selling their books, cards or
          whatever, let me know <mailto:patbooks@...>. You'll need to
          bring your own card table, chair, table cover, lunch, water bottle,
          receipt book, change, business cards or promotional material etc.
          It'll be outside, so a hat might be appropriate too, besides I like hats.

          See ya there!

          Patrice

          >Saturday of Memorial Day
          > weekend, May 24th. The show will have been up for a day so we can
          celebrate
          > that, plus anything else we dream up that amuses us.
          >
          > Here are the dates again:
          >
          > Last day to bring work for the show: Sunday, May 18th, at my house,
          435 E.
          > Pedregosa, (898-9260). (If anyone hasn't been here, I am a few
          blocks south
          > of the Old Mission.)
          >
          > Sara Norquay and I will be hanging the show the week of May 19th to
          23rd.
          > Come join us!
          >
          > The show is open to the public from noon to 7:00 P.M. on Saturday,
          Sunday and
          > Monday the 24th, 25th, and 26th of May. This is a three day weekend
          for most
          > people.
          >
          > We will have our opening party that Saturday evening from 5:00 on.
          (This
          > seems like a better time than Friday evening when the crew hanging
          the show
          > is doing finishing touches.) Just bring something to snack on and
          it's an
          > instant party!
          >
          > Jill
          > jill@l...