Re: [bookartsconnection] Show and opening party

    Message 1 of 6 , May 6, 2003
      OH RAPTURE, OH JOY! Which Saturday? The 10th?
      Ines
      Message 2 of 6 , May 6, 2003
        Congratulations, Jill! That's exciting news about your presses. Now
        everyone can try out printing and get hooked!

        We have three or four people coming to set up their own stands. One is
        Sukey Hughes, whom I met years and years ago and we've been playing
        keep up as she moved from Mexico to Santa Fe then to CA. She used to
        be a fantastic papermaker, wrote THE book on Japanese papermaking,
        made some fabulous wall pieces in Santa Fe. I don't think she's doing
        paper any more, but is coming to sell cards. It'll be fun to see her
        after quite a number of years.

        I'm doing the 2 day workshop in LA (Eccentric Contemporary Book
        Structures) this weekend and also enjoying my children fawning over me
        on Mother's Day... hahaha, I'm the baby sitter.

        The June meeting will be at Sara Norquay's school, BTW.

        Cheers,

        Patrice

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • littlewoodstudio@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , May 6, 2003
          Dear Ines,

          Sorry, I thought I was being clear. I mean the Saturday of Memorial Day
          weekend, May 24th. The show will have been up for a day so we can celebrate
          that, plus anything else we dream up that amuses us.

          Here are the dates again:

          Last day to bring work for the show: Sunday, May 18th, at my house, 435 E.
          Pedregosa, (898-9260). (If anyone hasn't been here, I am a few blocks south
          of the Old Mission.)

          Sara Norquay and I will be hanging the show the week of May 19th to 23rd.
          Come join us!

          The show is open to the public from noon to 7:00 P.M. on Saturday, Sunday and
          Monday the 24th, 25th, and 26th of May. This is a three day weekend for most
          people.

          We will have our opening party that Saturday evening from 5:00 on. (This
          seems like a better time than Friday evening when the crew hanging the show
          is doing finishing touches.) Just bring something to snack on and it's an
          instant party!

          Jill
          jill@...
        • Patrice Baldwin
          Message 4 of 6 , May 7, 2003
            For those interested in displaying/selling their books, cards or
            whatever, let me know <mailto:patbooks@...>. You'll need to
            bring your own card table, chair, table cover, lunch, water bottle,
            receipt book, change, business cards or promotional material etc.
            It'll be outside, so a hat might be appropriate too, besides I like hats.

            See ya there!

            Patrice

            >Saturday of Memorial Day
            > weekend, May 24th. The show will have been up for a day so we can
            celebrate
            > that, plus anything else we dream up that amuses us.
            >
            > Here are the dates again:
            >
            > Last day to bring work for the show: Sunday, May 18th, at my house,
            435 E.
            > Pedregosa, (898-9260). (If anyone hasn't been here, I am a few
            blocks south
            > of the Old Mission.)
            >
            > Sara Norquay and I will be hanging the show the week of May 19th to
            23rd.
            > Come join us!
            >
            > The show is open to the public from noon to 7:00 P.M. on Saturday,
            Sunday and
            > Monday the 24th, 25th, and 26th of May. This is a three day weekend
            for most
            > people.
            >
            > We will have our opening party that Saturday evening from 5:00 on.
            (This
            > seems like a better time than Friday evening when the crew hanging
            the show
            > is doing finishing touches.) Just bring something to snack on and
            it's an
            > instant party!
            >
            > Jill
            > jill@l...
          • sally timlin
            Message 5 of 6 , May 10, 2003
              Hi all,Several of my students and I are planning on having a table set up with books for sale to benefit the adult ed. book arts program. With the drastic budget cuts we're seeing, smaller programs like ours run a great risk of being cut. If anyone out there has any suggestions about how to keep our program going in these meager times...we'd definitely be interested in hearing them. Thanks. Sally Timlinartgirl68@...

              Patrice Baldwin <patbooks@...> wrote:For those interested in displaying/selling their books, cards or
              whatever, let me know <mailto:patbooks@...>. You'll need to
              bring your own card table, chair, table cover, lunch, water bottle,
              receipt book, change, business cards or promotional material etc.
              It'll be outside, so a hat might be appropriate too, besides I like hats.

              See ya there!

              Patrice

              >Saturday of Memorial Day
              > weekend, May 24th. The show will have been up for a day so we can
              celebrate
              > that, plus anything else we dream up that amuses us.
              >
              > Here are the dates again:
              >
              > Last day to bring work for the show: Sunday, May 18th, at my house,
              435 E.
              > Pedregosa, (898-9260). (If anyone hasn't been here, I am a few
              blocks south
              > of the Old Mission.)
              >
              > Sara Norquay and I will be hanging the show the week of May 19th to
              23rd.
              > Come join us!
              >
              > The show is open to the public from noon to 7:00 P.M. on Saturday,
              Sunday and
              > Monday the 24th, 25th, and 26th of May. This is a three day weekend
              for most
              > people.
              >
              > We will have our opening party that Saturday evening from 5:00 on.
              (This
              > seems like a better time than Friday evening when the crew hanging
              the show
              > is doing finishing touches.) Just bring something to snack on and
              it's an
              > instant party!
              >
              > Jill
              > jill@l...