Saturday book arts meeting!

  • Patrice Baldwin
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13, 2003
      Y'all:

      The next Book Arts meeting will be on Saturday the
      19th at 1:00. Gianna has graciously offered her wonderful rec room,
      and this time we won't let her pay the nominal fee for it. We'll just
      take up a collection at the meeting. SO IF LOTS OF PEOPLE COME, it
      won't be very much to bear.

      Bill McVicar will be our guest and will show us some of the books that
      he's made. We'll also have a show-and-tell for all the projects that
      we're working on independently. (Joyce, bring your 500 journals to
      show everyone) I'd also like to hear more ideas for our group book
      "Sources & Resources/Book Tips and Secrets" to try to begin the next
      stage - laying out and printing it. It's the Tips and Secrets that
      we're short of. TRY TO BRING SOME GOOD ONES TO THE MEETING. I also
      would like some of your fave book-related magazines and some Libraries
      & Museums that carry artists' books (Names, addresses, etc.).

      Here are the directions to Gianna's in Carpenteria:

      Go South on #l0l Take the Linden Exit....Go Left off the ramp.
      Turn Left at 8th St.....first street on left side of street.
      5455 8th is at end of 8th st cul de sac.
      Park on street or turn right into underground pkg lot
      Rec Room is on ground level in front...signs in window.

      Please try hard to plan on the third Saturday each month for our Book
      Arts meetings and support our growing group. We need YOUR input and
      your good company!

      After that said, I won't be able to come to the meeting this time, I
      have to be in LA. So someone will have to tell me all about it on this
      board afterward.

      Patrice
    • sally timlin
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14, 2003
        Hi there,Please help keep book arts alive in the Santa Barbara Adult Ed. community by making an appearance at one or both of the classes being offered. If we don't have at least 17 bodies present for the registration of these classes, we won't be able to have the classes this quarter. What a shame that would be! You don't even need to stay or pay or come back to any other class. We only need you to be present to register. The classes are Book Arts and Beyond on Mondays 6-9pm and Book Art Creations on Fridays 9-12pm...both at the Schott center, rm. 20 or 21. Thanks so much for helping out!Sally