April Book Arts meeting...

  • Patrice Baldwin
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2003
      OK, I got past April Fools Day without much mayhem. It's not too soon
      to talk about the next Book Arts meeting. It'll be on Saturday the
      19th at 1:00. Gianna has graciously offered her wonderful rec room,
      and this time we won't let her pay the nominal fee for it. We'll just
      take up a collection at the meeting. SO IF LOTS OF PEOPLE COME, it
      won't be very much to bear.

      Bill McVicar will be our guest and will show us some of the books that
      he's made. We'll also have a show-and-tell for all the projects that
      we're working on independently. (Joyce, bring your 500 journals to
      show everyone) I'd also like to hear more ideas for our group book
      "Sources & Resources/Book Tips and Secrets" to try to begin the next
      stage - laying out and printing it. It's the Tips and Secrets that
      we're short of. TRY TO BRING SOME GOOD ONES TO THE MEETING. I also
      would like some of your fave book-related magazines and some Libraries
      & Museums that carry artists' books (Names, addresses, etc.).

      Here are the directions to Gianna's in Carpenteria:

      Go South on #l0l Take the Linden Exit....Go Left off the ramp.
      Turn Left at 8th St.....first street on left side of street.
      5455 8th is at end of 8th st cul de sac.
      Park on street or turn right into underground pkg lot
      Rec Room is on ground level in front...signs in window.

      Please try hard to plan on the third Saturday each month for our Book
      Arts meetings and support our growing group. We need YOUR input and
      your good company!

      See you all soon,

      Patrice Baldwin
    • askengel@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2003
        Could you give directions to Gianna's rec room
        if heading NORTH on the 101.
        Thanks