Carol Duvall Show

  • karen thomas <artisforall@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 4, 2003
      Greetings everyone,

      The Carol Duvall Show producers are looking for an artist to do a
      field piece in the Santa Barbara area. They come to your studio and
      film the artist at work along with an interview. The CDS field
      pieces are beautifully done and are a great promotional opportunity
      for the artist. They are looking for an artist in one of these
      categories:
      Mixed Media which includes book arts
      Ceramics
      Art Glass
      Wood
      Sculpture

      Basically anything that is three dimensional.

      Please email me privately if you are interested or if you know
      someone who would be a candidate for the show.

      Thanks a bunch!
      Karen
    • sally timlin
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 4, 2003
        Karen,
        Why aren't they interviewing YOU!? Your work and studio are completely inspirational. Enquiring minds want to know!
        Sally
        Sally

        "karen thomas <artisforall@...>" <artisforall@...> wrote:Greetings everyone,

        The Carol Duvall Show producers are looking for an artist to do a
        field piece in the Santa Barbara area. They come to your studio and
        film the artist at work along with an interview. The CDS field
        pieces are beautifully done and are a great promotional opportunity
        for the artist. They are looking for an artist in one of these
        categories:
        Mixed Media which includes book arts
        Ceramics
        Art Glass
        Wood
        Sculpture

        Basically anything that is three dimensional.

        Please email me privately if you are interested or if you know
        someone who would be a candidate for the show.

        Thanks a bunch!
        Karen

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Karen Thomas
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 4, 2003
          Hi Sally,

          I am considered a Carol Duvall "Power Guest" so I
          guess I don't qualify anymore. Unless they wanted to
          come up and see how small my working space really is!
          :-)

          How many more weeks are left in the current monday
          class? How about I suggest they do a segment on you?!
          While you are teaching??????? Hmmmmm......

          Karen

          =====
          "Art takes my mind off my hair"http://www.karenelaine.com

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/
        • bamajoyce@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 4, 2003
            Hey, Karen! I think it is a great idea to recommend they show Sally in action.. Actually, you should do Sally's Friday morning class as there are more people in it--shows how popular Sally is. I think people might have been intimidated by the "advanced" bookarts class and our class is small but mighty--and FUN!

            Joyce
          • kmar
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 24, 2004
              Hi everyone,

              Just a note to say that I am going to be an audience show and tell person on
              the Carol Duvall Show for the Holiday Special (HGTV). This means that I
              will be showing how to make my matchbox pendant and miniature book that fits
              inside. It is taping this Saturday March 27th to be shown I believe in the
              fall of 2004. Wish me luck, this is the first time I will be on TV in this
              capacity.

              Kathleen Baggarley-Mar
            • molly moodle
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 24, 2004
                --- kmar <kmar@...> wrote:
                > Hi everyone,
                >
                > Just a note to say that I am going to be an audience
                > show and tell person on
                > the Carol Duvall Show for the Holiday Special
                > (HGTV). This means that I
                > will be showing how to make my matchbox pendant and
                > miniature book that fits
                > inside. It is taping this Saturday March 27th to be
                > shown I believe in the
                > fall of 2004. Wish me luck, this is the first time
                > I will be on TV in this
                > capacity.
                >
                > Kathleen Baggarley-Mar

                You go girl! Have fun!

                Gretchen

                http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
              • sally timlin
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 5, 2004
                  Hi everyone,
                  I was hoping to get your input about the possiblity of us, as a group, participating in the Santa Barbara Book and Authors' Festival in September. I've been talking to a representative from the festival about running a booth for kids to make books but I thought this would be an ideal opportunity for us to really strut our stuff and show off our books. Are you all interested in participating? If so, what are your thoughts about what we want to do? I was also thinking (er, hoping & wishing) that maybe we could entice a famous book artist (like Nick Bantock or Sabrina Ward Harrison) to come to the festival to speak, give a workshop, exhibit some books... Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions would be so appreciated. Thanks.
                  Sally

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 5, 2004
                    Yes, this is definitely something I think we should pursue. Jill has
                    been in contact with someone also (we discussed this at our January
                    gathering) and I volunteered to bring one of our little printing
                    presses to demonstrate. I think Art from Scrap was involved one year
                    and had a place where kids made things - and I have photos from a
                    similar childrens area at the LA Times Book Festival a couple of
                    years ago. Let's get the ideas flowing!

                    Also, I just received the Contemporary Arts Forum's announcement of a
                    show of artist books in May. That may help make more people aware of
                    books as works of art.

                    We are finally doing some small letterpress printing projects on our
                    1896 Chandler & Price platen press. But there's never enough time
                    with work, and our newest distractions, a 6-month old grandson in
                    Orange County and a 1-month old granddaughter here in Santa Barbara.

                    Hope all you book arts folks are doing well and I hope to see you all
                    again before too long!