Charlie Thompson

  • Jeanette Mustacich
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2002
      I stopped in at the traditional bookbinding class at the Wake Center today and
      found out that the teacher, Charlie Thompson, had just died after very serious
      heart surgery. I believe he was 83. Charlie gave many of us a foundation in
      traditional bookbinding techniques, as he must have done for hundreds of kids
      and adults in his long career as a teacher.
      There will be a memorial service for Charlie at his home next Wed., March
      27, at 11 a.m. The address is 2532 Borton Dr., on the Mesa. Everyone is
      encouraged to come.
      Charlie's class will be taken over by Herman, who taught along with
      Charlie for many years even though he was enrolled as a student.
      Everyone who knew Charlie will remember his enthusiasm and his jolly
      smile; I can just picture him now printing gold letters on the spines of
      hymnals for the celestial choir. :j Jeanette Mustacich