Saturday meeting

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 14, 2003
      From: <Littlekahn@...>
      To: <Littlewoodstudio@...>
      Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 12:13 AM
      Subject: (no subject)

      > This is what I sent the other day but my server was acting funny. I meant
      for us to have more time to consider this possibility. Jill

      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > As you can see, the day we have scheduled for journal making at the beach
      is
      > going to be a major peace action day in Santa Barbara. Shall we fuse
      ideas
      > from Jan. and Feb. meetings and go to the rallies, movies, marches as we
      want
      > to and meet in the afternoon somewhere and make something out of it? Or
      make
      > something for the Feb. meeting and continue the theme?
      >
      > Jill
      >

      > Peace Congress 2003: Another World Is Possible
      >

      > On Saturday, January 18, during the national celebration of Dr. Martin
      > Luther King Jr.'s birthday, Central Coast residents can speak out against
      the
      > global injustices and suffering. Not in Our Name - Santa Barbara will
      host a
      > momentous gathering of peace activists in downtown Santa Barbara.
      >

      > More than twenty local groups will participate in Peace Congress
      2003,
      > including Amnesty International, Nuclear Age Peace Foundation (NAPF),
      Women's

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 15, 2003
        It's a great idea, but i've got to be back in ventura by 4:30, so if the
        group decides to take your suggestion I'll hear about the second part.
        Either way, what time would we meet at the dolphin fountain?

        Ines
> [...]
        >> toward universal good.
        >> This is the purpose of Peace Congress 2003.
        >>

        >> ----------------------------------
        >>

        >> John Tieber
        >> jtieber@...
        >> www.nion-sb.org
        >>

        >> ``````````````````````````````````````````
        >> SUBSCRIBE: If someone forwarded this e-newsletter to you and you'd
        >like
        >> to receive future issues, please SUBSCRIBE by clicking e-News Subscribe
        at
        >> our home page.
        >> Your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.
        >>

        >> UNSUBSCRIBE: Simply respond to this email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the
        >subject
        >> line.
        >>

        >> ``````````````````````````````````````````
        >> Nonviolence, when it becomes active, travels with
        >> extraordinary velocity, and then it becomes a miracle.

      • Lisa Moore
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 15, 2003
          Hi Everyone, thank you for your responses, re: February's meeting.

          Just to clarify, Jill proposes an alternative to the beach journaling venue to meeting @ 1:00 pm at Alameda Park, between Santa Barbara & Sola St s. Today, after discussing the event of the Peace Congress with Jill, this is my sense of the project:
          we can choose to be observers or journalists of the movement and relate our experiences of the event in journaling found objects/ephemera collecting, etc., and then meet up and touch base, continuing privately or together on our pieces. Or retaining our results to be brought to February's meeting.

          Jill or someone in Sally's class, correct me and/or add to the above info, please.

          Either the original arrangement or the park is fine with me, but it's difficult to get an idea of the group consensus. If those who want to go to the beach, the park, or to somehow get together this Saturday, would please be heard by posting your preference...Thank you.

          Love & Gratitude,
          Lisa

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 15, 2003
            Not knowing where things are located in SB, I'd vote for meeting at the
            dolphin thingy and going from there wherever everyone would like to go.

            Patrice

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 15, 2003
              either way is fine with me. and so is playing by ear the rest of the
              meeting.

              From: Lisa Moore <artboox@...>
              To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com <bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com>
              Date: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 3:24 PM