mailing

  • Barry A. Kintner
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2002
      Good day -
      -- I would suggest that you consider the option of sending postcards instead of envelopes. A member or two could do a bit of
      calligraphy - borders - lettering - map for the "front" of the card ( omit address to encourage calling / RSVPs ) to announce that a
      meeting would be held on such-and-such a date for xxx purpose. New image for each card - little art pieces - copy onto card stock,
      trim, stamp, !Viola - nice - and fun - and costs less too.
      -- Set the size for the image for copying for 4-up for the copies and get four postcards from a single 8 1/2 x 11, trim them to a slightly
      long postcard, and pop them into the mail. Can even have a template for the front for the address portion, so is much quicker for the
      person who will copy & mail them.
      -- Gotta be people who would contribute a little art for the project - one for each of the mailings.

      Barry
    • bamajoyce@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2002
        Gosh Barry, sounds artistic and certainly wonderful for the recipient. However, I don't have the time to undertake this task. I decided on the envelopes just so I could do a quick and easy information bit on the computer, print out the necessary number, stuff into the envelopes and mail out.

        If you --or any others --would enjoy doing the monthly posts, I would gladly hand over the job to you. There will only be a handful of people to contact as most of us seem to be able to have access to email.

        Whatever pleases the group pleases me.

        Joyce
      • Barry A. Kintner
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 28, 2002
          Good day -
          -- The computer is the way to go for speed - I would, Just thought if you had to do something else - the postcard was the way to
          actually make it easier. I'll stick to Email.

          Barry