New to group

  • Kelly
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 8, 2003
      Actually, new changes abound in my life. I am new to the San Luis Obispo
      area (Atascadero, to be specific), new to staying at home, and new to the
      book arts. I have been reading messages about an advanced book arts class
      with interest. Would anyone happen to know if there is a beginning class
      that is offered in SLO county? Thank you in advance.

      Kelly
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 9, 2003
        At the risk of sounding the desonant note.... How about making WAR the next
        theme for the meeting?

        Ines

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 9, 2003
          Sounds like a delightful plan. I'm in.

          Ines
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 9, 2003
          • sally timlin
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 9, 2003
              Please do. We missed you!
              Sally
              --- Karen Thomas <artisforall@...> wrote:
              > I would LOVE to come to next mondays class if there
              > is
              > room!
              > See you all then...
              > Karen
              >
              > =====
              > "Art takes my mind off my
              > hair"http://www.karenelaine.com

              > now.
              > http://mailplus.yahoo.com

              =====

              http://mailplus.yahoo.com
            • sally timlin
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 9, 2003
                Jill, We'd love to have you! Looking forward to Mon!
                Sally
                --- littlewoodstudio@... wrote:
                > Hi ---yes I'm back from the Big Easy. Full of swamp
                > tales if anyone wants to
                > hear them. And If no one has any other idea lets go
                > ahead with the field
                > trip: meet on Saturday the 18th at the dolphin
                > fountain at Stearn's Warf.
                > Bring stuff to make a small book - papers,
                > watercolors, gluestick, thread,
                > colored pencils, etc. Anything you think you would
                > want to use to make an
                > Instant Journal. We'll wander around the warf and
                > beach and meet back at Hot
                > Spots, a coffee shop a half block up State. All the
                > details will be worked
                > out by the intrepid artists who show up. If it
                > rains, meet at the gift
                > shop/cafe of the Santa Barbara Museum.
                >
                > Can someone suggest something for February? March
                > is covered because Maxine
                > is going to organize a papermaking day.
                >
                > Sally, I also would like to come Monday night if
                > there is room.
                >
                > Happy New Year everyone,
                >
                > Jill

                =====

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com
              • Karen Thomas
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 10, 2003
                  Welcome Kelly!
                  There is a store in San Luis Obispo that has papers,
                  artstamps and lots of wonderful collage materials.
                  They also have classes from time to time so you might
                  want to check with them.
                  Studios Blackbird/Stamp Luis Obispo
                  1036 1/2 Chorro Street
                  San Luis Obispo