Re: [bookartsconnection] Sally Timlin's ADVANCED book art class

  • littlewoodstudio@aol.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 8, 2003
      Hi ---yes I'm back from the Big Easy. Full of swamp tales if anyone wants to
      hear them. And If no one has any other idea lets go ahead with the field
      trip: meet on Saturday the 18th at the dolphin fountain at Stearn's Warf.
      Bring stuff to make a small book - papers, watercolors, gluestick, thread,
      colored pencils, etc. Anything you think you would want to use to make an
      Instant Journal. We'll wander around the warf and beach and meet back at Hot
      Spots, a coffee shop a half block up State. All the details will be worked
      out by the intrepid artists who show up. If it rains, meet at the gift
      shop/cafe of the Santa Barbara Museum.

      Can someone suggest something for February? March is covered because Maxine
      is going to organize a papermaking day.

      Sally, I also would like to come Monday night if there is room.

      Happy New Year everyone,

      Jill
    • paperdance2@cs.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 8, 2003
        ohmigodKaren....you are so right about art/hair!
        Gianna

      • paperdance2@cs.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 8, 2003
          Since I offered to do a collage workshop some meeting, how about a valentine
          workshop in my rec room for February on the 8th?
          Gianna

        • paperdance2@cs.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 8, 2003
          • Pat Baldwin <patbooks@mindspring.com>
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 8, 2003
              --- In bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com, paperdance2@c... wrote:
              > Since I offered to do a collage workshop some meeting, how about a
              valentine
              > workshop in my rec room for February on the 8th?
              > Gianna

              The third Saturday's the 15th. I'd like to keep the second and fourth
              Sturdays for my SATURDAY WORKSHOPS. Is that possible?

              Patrice
            • Kelly
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 8, 2003
                Actually, new changes abound in my life. I am new to the San Luis Obispo
                area (Atascadero, to be specific), new to staying at home, and new to the
                book arts. I have been reading messages about an advanced book arts class
                with interest. Would anyone happen to know if there is a beginning class
                that is offered in SLO county? Thank you in advance.

                Kelly
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 9, 2003
                  At the risk of sounding the desonant note.... How about making WAR the next
                  theme for the meeting?

                  Ines

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 9, 2003
                    Sounds like a delightful plan. I'm in.

                    Ines

                  • paperdance2@cs.com
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 9, 2003
                    • sally timlin
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 9, 2003
                        Please do. We missed you!
                        Sally
                        --- Karen Thomas <artisforall@...> wrote:
                        > I would LOVE to come to next mondays class if there
                        > is
                        > room!
                        > See you all then...
                        > Karen
                        >
                        > =====
                        > "Art takes my mind off my
                        > hair"http://www.karenelaine.com

                        > now.
                        > http://mailplus.yahoo.com

                        =====

                        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                      • sally timlin
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 9, 2003
                          Jill, We'd love to have you! Looking forward to Mon!
                          Sally
                          --- littlewoodstudio@... wrote:
                          > Hi ---yes I'm back from the Big Easy. Full of swamp
                          > tales if anyone wants to
                          > hear them. And If no one has any other idea lets go
                          > ahead with the field
                          > trip: meet on Saturday the 18th at the dolphin
                          > fountain at Stearn's Warf.
                          > Bring stuff to make a small book - papers,
                          > watercolors, gluestick, thread,
                          > colored pencils, etc. Anything you think you would
                          > want to use to make an
                          > Instant Journal. We'll wander around the warf and
                          > beach and meet back at Hot
                          > Spots, a coffee shop a half block up State. All the
                          > details will be worked
                          > out by the intrepid artists who show up. If it
                          > rains, meet at the gift
                          > shop/cafe of the Santa Barbara Museum.
                          >
                          > Can someone suggest something for February? March
                          > is covered because Maxine
                          > is going to organize a papermaking day.
                          >
                          > Sally, I also would like to come Monday night if
                          > there is room.
                          >
                          > Happy New Year everyone,
                          >
                          > Jill

                          =====

                          http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                        • Karen Thomas
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 10, 2003
                            Welcome Kelly!
                            There is a store in San Luis Obispo that has papers,
                            artstamps and lots of wonderful collage materials.
                            They also have classes from time to time so you might
                            want to check with them.
                            Studios Blackbird/Stamp Luis Obispo
                            1036 1/2 Chorro Street
                            San Luis Obispo