Re: [bookartsconnection] Sally Timlin's ADVANCED book art class

    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 7, 2003
      Well. MY mouth is watering. But impossible to attend class from ventura. so,
      i hope i can count on some of you folks to share stuff during regular
      monthly meetings. which by the by, when is the next one?

      From: bamajoyceresnik <bamajoyce@...> <bamajoyce@...>
      To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com <bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Monday, January 06, 2003 10:45 PM
      Subject: [bookartsconnection] Sally Timlin's ADVANCED book art class

    • paperdance2@cs.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 7, 2003
        I don't know when next meeting is but Jill recommended, in Dec, that we meet
        at
        the wharf with sketchbooks for the Jan meeting. I thought it a cool idea.
        JILL, are you bac k from New Orleans yet???? What's up?
        Gianna

      • Karen Thomas
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 7, 2003
          I would LOVE to come to next mondays class if there is
          room!
          See you all then...
          Karen

          =====
          "Art takes my mind off my hair"http://www.karenelaine.com

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        • littlewoodstudio@aol.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 8, 2003
            Hi ---yes I'm back from the Big Easy. Full of swamp tales if anyone wants to
            hear them. And If no one has any other idea lets go ahead with the field
            trip: meet on Saturday the 18th at the dolphin fountain at Stearn's Warf.
            Bring stuff to make a small book - papers, watercolors, gluestick, thread,
            colored pencils, etc. Anything you think you would want to use to make an
            Instant Journal. We'll wander around the warf and beach and meet back at Hot
            Spots, a coffee shop a half block up State. All the details will be worked
            out by the intrepid artists who show up. If it rains, meet at the gift
            shop/cafe of the Santa Barbara Museum.

            Can someone suggest something for February? March is covered because Maxine
            is going to organize a papermaking day.

            Sally, I also would like to come Monday night if there is room.

            Happy New Year everyone,

            Jill
          • paperdance2@cs.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 8, 2003
              ohmigodKaren....you are so right about art/hair!
              Gianna

            • paperdance2@cs.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 8, 2003
                Since I offered to do a collage workshop some meeting, how about a valentine
                workshop in my rec room for February on the 8th?
                Gianna

              • paperdance2@cs.com
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 8, 2003
                • Pat Baldwin <patbooks@mindspring.com>
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 8, 2003
                    --- In bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com, paperdance2@c... wrote:
                    > Since I offered to do a collage workshop some meeting, how about a
                    valentine
                    > workshop in my rec room for February on the 8th?
                    > Gianna

                    The third Saturday's the 15th. I'd like to keep the second and fourth
                    Sturdays for my SATURDAY WORKSHOPS. Is that possible?

                    Patrice
                  • Kelly
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 8, 2003
                      Actually, new changes abound in my life. I am new to the San Luis Obispo
                      area (Atascadero, to be specific), new to staying at home, and new to the
                      book arts. I have been reading messages about an advanced book arts class
                      with interest. Would anyone happen to know if there is a beginning class
                      that is offered in SLO county? Thank you in advance.

                      Kelly
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 9, 2003
                        At the risk of sounding the desonant note.... How about making WAR the next
                        theme for the meeting?

                        Ines

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 9, 2003
                          Sounds like a delightful plan. I'm in.

                          Ines

                        • paperdance2@cs.com
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 9, 2003
                          • sally timlin
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jan 9, 2003
                              Please do. We missed you!
                              Sally
                              --- Karen Thomas <artisforall@...> wrote:
                              > I would LOVE to come to next mondays class if there
                              > is
                              > room!
                              > See you all then...
                              > Karen
                              >
                              > =====
                              > "Art takes my mind off my
                              > hair"http://www.karenelaine.com

                              > now.
                              > http://mailplus.yahoo.com

                              =====

                              http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                            • sally timlin
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jan 9, 2003
                                Jill, We'd love to have you! Looking forward to Mon!
                                Sally
                                --- littlewoodstudio@... wrote:
                                > Hi ---yes I'm back from the Big Easy. Full of swamp
                                > tales if anyone wants to
                                > hear them. And If no one has any other idea lets go
                                > ahead with the field
                                > trip: meet on Saturday the 18th at the dolphin
                                > fountain at Stearn's Warf.
                                > Bring stuff to make a small book - papers,
                                > watercolors, gluestick, thread,
                                > colored pencils, etc. Anything you think you would
                                > want to use to make an
                                > Instant Journal. We'll wander around the warf and
                                > beach and meet back at Hot
                                > Spots, a coffee shop a half block up State. All the
                                > details will be worked
                                > out by the intrepid artists who show up. If it
                                > rains, meet at the gift
                                > shop/cafe of the Santa Barbara Museum.
                                >
                                > Can someone suggest something for February? March
                                > is covered because Maxine
                                > is going to organize a papermaking day.
                                >
                                > Sally, I also would like to come Monday night if
                                > there is room.
                                >
                                > Happy New Year everyone,
                                >
                                > Jill

                                =====

                                http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                              • Karen Thomas
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jan 10, 2003
                                  Welcome Kelly!
                                  There is a store in San Luis Obispo that has papers,
                                  artstamps and lots of wonderful collage materials.
                                  They also have classes from time to time so you might
                                  want to check with them.
                                  Studios Blackbird/Stamp Luis Obispo
                                  1036 1/2 Chorro Street
                                  San Luis Obispo