Sally Timlin's ADVANCED book art class

  • bamajoyceresnik <bamajoyce@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 6, 2003
      Oh boy! What an experience! If you are into creativity and making
      books, you'll love this class! First class tonight really got the
      creative juices in a tizzy. We played! Sally gave us decks of
      playing cards and scads of magazines to go through. We are making
      ourselves "trigger cards" of words to stimulate ideas for contents for
      our future books. We ripped up magazines, glued away, and felt we were
      off to a god start in Sally's class.

      Sally has some great new book structures to share with us. If you are
      free on Monday evenings from 6:00 - 9:00, join us at the Schott
      Center, Room 22. More warm bodies will make this terrific class even
      better.

      Joyce Resnik
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 7, 2003
        Well. MY mouth is watering. But impossible to attend class from ventura. so,
        i hope i can count on some of you folks to share stuff during regular
        monthly meetings. which by the by, when is the next one?

        From: bamajoyceresnik <bamajoyce@...> <bamajoyce@...>
        To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com <bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Monday, January 06, 2003 10:45 PM
        Subject: [bookartsconnection] Sally Timlin's ADVANCED book art class

      • paperdance2@cs.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 7, 2003
          I don't know when next meeting is but Jill recommended, in Dec, that we meet
          at
          the wharf with sketchbooks for the Jan meeting. I thought it a cool idea.
          JILL, are you bac k from New Orleans yet???? What's up?
          Gianna

        • Karen Thomas
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 7, 2003
            I would LOVE to come to next mondays class if there is
            room!
            See you all then...
            Karen

            =====
            "Art takes my mind off my hair"http://www.karenelaine.com

            http://mailplus.yahoo.com
          • littlewoodstudio@aol.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 8, 2003
              Hi ---yes I'm back from the Big Easy. Full of swamp tales if anyone wants to
              hear them. And If no one has any other idea lets go ahead with the field
              trip: meet on Saturday the 18th at the dolphin fountain at Stearn's Warf.
              Bring stuff to make a small book - papers, watercolors, gluestick, thread,
              colored pencils, etc. Anything you think you would want to use to make an
              Instant Journal. We'll wander around the warf and beach and meet back at Hot
              Spots, a coffee shop a half block up State. All the details will be worked
              out by the intrepid artists who show up. If it rains, meet at the gift
              shop/cafe of the Santa Barbara Museum.

              Can someone suggest something for February? March is covered because Maxine
              is going to organize a papermaking day.

              Sally, I also would like to come Monday night if there is room.

              Happy New Year everyone,

              Jill
            • paperdance2@cs.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 8, 2003
                ohmigodKaren....you are so right about art/hair!
                Gianna

              • paperdance2@cs.com
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 8, 2003
                  Since I offered to do a collage workshop some meeting, how about a valentine
                  workshop in my rec room for February on the 8th?
                  Gianna

                • paperdance2@cs.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 8, 2003
                  • Pat Baldwin <patbooks@mindspring.com>
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 8, 2003
                      --- In bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com, paperdance2@c... wrote:
                      > Since I offered to do a collage workshop some meeting, how about a
                      valentine
                      > workshop in my rec room for February on the 8th?
                      > Gianna

                      The third Saturday's the 15th. I'd like to keep the second and fourth
                      Sturdays for my SATURDAY WORKSHOPS. Is that possible?

                      Patrice
                    • Kelly
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 8, 2003
                        Actually, new changes abound in my life. I am new to the San Luis Obispo
                        area (Atascadero, to be specific), new to staying at home, and new to the
                        book arts. I have been reading messages about an advanced book arts class
                        with interest. Would anyone happen to know if there is a beginning class
                        that is offered in SLO county? Thank you in advance.

                        Kelly
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 9, 2003
                          At the risk of sounding the desonant note.... How about making WAR the next
                          theme for the meeting?

                          Ines

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 9, 2003
                            Sounds like a delightful plan. I'm in.

                            Ines

                          • paperdance2@cs.com
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jan 9, 2003
                            • sally timlin
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jan 9, 2003
                                Please do. We missed you!
                                Sally
                                --- Karen Thomas <artisforall@...> wrote:
                                > I would LOVE to come to next mondays class if there
                                > is
                                > room!
                                > See you all then...
                                > Karen
                                >
                                > =====
                                > "Art takes my mind off my
                                > hair"http://www.karenelaine.com

                                > now.
                                > http://mailplus.yahoo.com

                                =====

                                http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                              • sally timlin
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jan 9, 2003
                                  Jill, We'd love to have you! Looking forward to Mon!
                                  Sally
                                  --- littlewoodstudio@... wrote:
                                  > Hi ---yes I'm back from the Big Easy. Full of swamp
                                  > tales if anyone wants to
                                  > hear them. And If no one has any other idea lets go
                                  > ahead with the field
                                  > trip: meet on Saturday the 18th at the dolphin
                                  > fountain at Stearn's Warf.
                                  > Bring stuff to make a small book - papers,
                                  > watercolors, gluestick, thread,
                                  > colored pencils, etc. Anything you think you would
                                  > want to use to make an
                                  > Instant Journal. We'll wander around the warf and
                                  > beach and meet back at Hot
                                  > Spots, a coffee shop a half block up State. All the
                                  > details will be worked
                                  > out by the intrepid artists who show up. If it
                                  > rains, meet at the gift
                                  > shop/cafe of the Santa Barbara Museum.
                                  >
                                  > Can someone suggest something for February? March
                                  > is covered because Maxine
                                  > is going to organize a papermaking day.
                                  >
                                  > Sally, I also would like to come Monday night if
                                  > there is room.
                                  >
                                  > Happy New Year everyone,
                                  >
                                  > Jill

                                  =====

                                  http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                                • Karen Thomas
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jan 10, 2003
                                    Welcome Kelly!
                                    There is a store in San Luis Obispo that has papers,
                                    artstamps and lots of wonderful collage materials.
                                    They also have classes from time to time so you might
                                    want to check with them.
                                    Studios Blackbird/Stamp Luis Obispo
                                    1036 1/2 Chorro Street
                                    San Luis Obispo