Re: Happy New Year Y'all - Jan schedule...

  • Pat Baldwin <patbooks@mindspring.com>
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
      Well, if the leather travel journal makes you happy, I'll gladly do it
      instead. OK? It's the LEATHER WRAPAROUND TRAVEL JOURNAL WITH POCKETS
      AND STUFF. Bring a nice piece of leather. Not too thin, but not saddle
      leather either. January 11th at 1: pm. $50.

      I found out about this place for leather, too. Haven't used them yet,
      but maybe one of you can for the class.
      Hide & Leather House - 870 W. Cienega Ave. #7, San Dimas CA 91773
      (866)527-3332 hideleath@...

      ALSO - The Hide House - 595 Monroe St. Napa CA 94559 (707)255-6160
      hideinfo@...

      Cheers,

      Patrice

      > Hi Pat,
      > So these are the classes for January. Is this a change of plans? I was
      > planning on the leather envelop book. Thanks, Angela
    • Angela Harkavy
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
        Hi Pat, thanks. I will be there. Angela

        >From: "Pat Baldwin <patbooks@...>" <patbooks@...>
        >To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [bookartsconnection] Re: Happy New Year Y'all - Jan schedule...
        >Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 21:10:48 -0000
        >
        >Well, if the leather travel journal makes you happy, I'll gladly do it
        >instead. OK? It's the LEATHER WRAPAROUND TRAVEL JOURNAL WITH POCKETS
        >AND STUFF. Bring a nice piece of leather. Not too thin, but not saddle
        >leather either. January 11th at 1: pm. $50.
        >
        >I found out about this place for leather, too. Haven't used them yet,
        >but maybe one of you can for the class.
        >Hide & Leather House - 870 W. Cienega Ave. #7, San Dimas CA 91773
        >(866)527-3332 hideleath@...
        >
        >ALSO - The Hide House - 595 Monroe St. Napa CA 94559 (707)255-6160
        >hideinfo@...
        >
        >Cheers,
        >
        >Patrice
        >

        > > Hi Pat,
        > > So these are the classes for January. Is this a change of plans? I was
        > > planning on the leather envelop book. Thanks, Angela

        Angela Oliveira Harkavy , Friends of the United Nations
        4034 Doneva Rd.
        Moorpark, CA 93021, USA
        Tel: 805-529-7926 Fax:80-529-7519

      • bamajoyce@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 4, 2003
          I've been purchasing wonderful leather hides on Ebay from MONSTERLEATHER.
          Good prices, I can see the item on my screen, and the company sends terrific
          merchandise. Go to LEATHER HIDES and look for pieces (as lamb or kid
          especially) and bid. Often he puts up 20 items, and I bid the opening bid.
          With 19 more pieces available, I've never had to up the bid. I have no
          connection to these people, but I am a happy purchaser from them.

          Happy New Year to all of you and those you love.

          Joyce Resnik
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 5, 2003
            Happy New Year! I've been out of circulation with my own and my
            father's health problems, and I'm looking forward to getting involved
            again in local book arts activities in 2003. I want to be sure that
            everyone who's interested knows that Sally Timlin is offering an
            Advanced Book Arts class through Adult Ed, beginning tomorrow evening
            at 6 pm. It goes from 6-9 pm and runs for 8 weeks. It's in Room 22
            at Schott Center. See you there! (Her introductory class is on
            Fridays from 9-noon in Room 20.)

          • sally timlin
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 6, 2003
              Pam, Thanks for letting everyone know. You're the
              best! The schedule is a wee bit off in the number of
              weeks for both courses. The advanced is actually 9
              wks. and the beginning is 10 wks. There are a few
              holidays. :o( Hope to see some of you there!
              Sally

              http://mailplus.yahoo.com