New news...

  • Pat Baldwin <patbooks@mindspring.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 27, 2002
      Y'all:
      I got this from Dawn Henney of the LABAC. It sounds very interesting.

      From: BOOKMOBILE-MOBILIVRE info <info@...>
      Subject: MOBILIVRE-BOOKMOBILE Call for Submissions 2003

      ARTIST BOOKS AND ZINES, SEND ?EM IN!
      TOUR 2003 SUBMISSION DEADLINE: POSTMARK BY February 1, 2003

      The BOOKMOBILE has finished its tour and is getting ready to do it all
      over
      again. We would sincerely like to thank all the artists that
      graciously let
      us take their books on tour, all the host venues and any visitors that
      came
      and helped make our tour a success. A major shout out goes out to all
      of you
      from the MOBILIVRE-BOOKMOBILE Collective!

      In Spring 2003, a new collection of 300 book works will hit the road in a
      converted vintage Airstream trailer and visit community centres, schools,
      festivals, artist-run centres, libraries, and book stores all over North
      America. Since its debut tour in 2001, the BOOKMOBILE has enjoyed great
      success as an annual touring exhibition of artist books, zines and
      independent publications. Organized by a collective, the project travels
      across the United States and Canada visiting public spaces and attracting
      audiences in many urban and rural communities.

      Now the time has come to invite you to participate once again. Yes,
      its time
      for our annual CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS. Please send us your artist books,
      zines
      and independent publications in time for our FEBRUARY 1st deadline to
      the US
      or Canadian address. The books will be juried in February and we will let
      you know in March whether your work has been accepted. All submissions
      must
      include return postage (SASE, or cash, cheque or money order made out to
      BOOKMOBILE) for the return of your submission. If you do not include money
      for return postage, please consider your work to be a donation to the
      BOOKMOBILE. You will find the 2003 submission form attached to this
      email.

      Please circulate this email to anyone you think would be interested in
      submitting to the project or hosting the BOOKMOBILE.

      If you have any suggestions for venues or would like more information
      on how
      to host a Bookmobile visit in your area please contact us via email:
      tour@....
      For more information on the project check out our website:
      www.mobilivre.org
      info@...

      Thanks for your support,
      Much love,
      The MOBILIVRE-BOOKMOBILE collective
      C.P. 42062, Montreal, QC H2W 2T3 Canada
      1026 Arch Street, Philadelphia PA 19107 USA
      submit@...
    • Angela Harkavy
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 27, 2002
        Thanks Pat for the announcement. I gather there will be no problem
        publishing it on the GBW Newsletter. Angela.

> [...]
        >for return postage, please consider your work to be a donation to the
        >BOOKMOBILE. You will find the 2003 submission form attached to this
        >email.
        >
        >Please circulate this email to anyone you think would be interested in
        >submitting to the project or hosting the BOOKMOBILE.
        >
        >If you have any suggestions for venues or would like more information
        >on how
        >to host a Bookmobile visit in your area please contact us via email:
        >tour@....
        >For more information on the project check out our website:
        >www.mobilivre.org
        >info@...
        >
        >Thanks for your support,
        >Much love,
        >The MOBILIVRE-BOOKMOBILE collective
        >C.P. 42062, Montreal, QC H2W 2T3 Canada
        >1026 Arch Street, Philadelphia PA 19107 USA

        Angela Oliveira Harkavy , Friends of the United Nations
        4034 Doneva Rd.
        Moorpark, CA 93021, USA
        Tel: 805-529-7926 Fax:80-529-7519s,

        http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_smartspamprotection_3mf