regarding Lesley Riley's inkjst transfer method

  • bamajoyce@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2002
      Both Sharron Carleton and I took a fabric book workshop with Lesley last April at Artfest in Port townsend, Washington. we experimented with her method and it works! It is unpredictible, however. It works when it works! sometimes it is blotchy but the blotchy image is a nice surprise. the real important thing is to use Apollo brand transparancies. the ones for YOUR printer. Also, Lesley only uses Golden matte medium--gel or liquid.

      If you want to see some really GOOD stuff, go to Lesley's beautifuly site. Her dolls are GORGEOUS! Her fragments are inspiring. she uses the transfer on all of them.

      http://www.lalasland.com

      I would love to have Lesley come to our coast and give a workshop or two. She is a gifted artist and an excellent teacher.

      Joyce Resnik
    • paperdance2@cs.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2002
        I am definitely interested in having leslie come to do a workshop if it
        doesn't cost a fortune. I am not willing to pay for her airfare, for
        instance, because I think Lisa Moore could actually do a workshop to teach
        inkjet transfer. BUT, it would be great if Leslie had more to teach than
        inkjet AND had a reason to be here and would do a workshop for us
        Gianna

      • paperdance2@cs.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2002
          P.S. Joyce.....wouldn't it be cool if Sally Timlin got Adult Ed to bring
          Leslie down to a workshop for them. Lots of people, more money, etc.
          Gianna

        • bamajoyce@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2002
            I think a class with Lesley should be limited in number of participants in
            order to get the most from the experience. she does AMAZING art work.
            Just go to her website for eye candy! I've talked with her about coming and
            she is interested in combining with some paper/art stores in Southern
            California for several classes. That way the airfare is shared by all.
            hopefully, Violette's in Ventura will be able to have her. I'll let our
            group know IMMEDIATELY if and when something is done about dates, times etc.

            I, for one, would LOVE to take ALL of Lesley's workshops. Her work is
            exciting nd she TEACHES. She has no agenda. Very lovely lady.

            cheers to all

            Joyce