Re: [bookartsconnection] wire edge bound book

  • Lisa Moore
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2002
      Beautiful albums Bev! I'm adding www.picturetrail.com/bevmccarter
      to my list of resources. (Thank you for the explanation of tacket
      binding!)

      Your binding reminds me of one like Daniel Kelm's, but his is
      bound by knotting thread/cord across the spine-edge around brass
      wire rods. Jean Marie Seaton demonstrated the binding at Adult
      Ed. a few years ago. Your weaving technique is an intriguing
      approach!

      Keep up the great work!
      Lisa (AKA. artboox)

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Angela Harkavy
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2002
        Hi all,
        I have been out of email for a week. Thanks Bev for your generosity.
        Beautiful books. Enjoy it very much. Angela

        >From: beviebop@...
        >To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [bookartsconnection] wire edge bound book
        >Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 10:20:14 EST

        >On one of the other lists I belong to we have been trying to figure out
        >this
        >book. I spent a week doing different versions of it and now I posted the
        >results on my picturetrail page. You can view it at Album 10.. Bev
        >
        >www.picturetrail.com/bevmccarter

        Angela Oliveira Harkavy , Friends of the United Nations
        4034 Doneva Rd.
        Moorpark, CA 93021, USA
        Tel: 805-529-7926 Fax:80-529-7519