SD book arts group

  • Pat Baldwin
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2002
      Y'all:

      I received this from Frances Watson about the San Diego Book Arts
      Group. It sounds as if they have some Large Long Term plans too! I
      have invited her and other members of the SD group to come on over to
      this message board and keep in touch.

      "Hi Pat.This is great.
      We have about 144 members. We only have 2 meetings a year but stay
      in touch via newsletter and email. We have about 4-5 shows a year,
      mostly in libraries and universities. Currently we are looking for
      space. It is hard in SD because the city is changing so fast and the
      rents are out of sight, but we are looking for grants etc. We are in
      the growth stage.

      Many of us have joined the LA group, but I think that it would benefit
      all of us to exchange newsletters/or info. whenever possible. I have
      offered to be liason for LA to our group and would be happy to be the
      same for your group. In turn, if you can give me a mailing address I
      will see to it thaat you get our newsletter and it will keep you
      posted on what we are doing. A get together with all THREE groups
      would be much fun.
      Good to hear from you again, stay in touch. Fran"