SB Printmaking Classes of Interest to Book Artists...

  • veeeceeme
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2002
      Elaine asked that I forward this to any Santa Barbara area artists
      I know, so here you go!

      Subject: Solarplate and Nature Print Classes coming

      From: "Elaine LeVasseur" <elainelv@...>

      SBCC ADULT EDUCATION PRINTMAKING PROGRAM: WINTER
      2002

      FRIDAY NIGHTS, short course BEGINS JAN 25TH: You must
      attend the first hour of the first
      class to join. You may send a person with your $10 and personal
      info if you will be late or can
      only attend the second meeting.

      "NATURE PRINTING; MONOPRINTS FROM LIFE"
      A short course: two Friday nights at the Schott Center rm 23.
      January 25th and February 1st, 6:00pm-9:00PM (instructor
      Elaine LeVasseur, $20 includes all
      materials)

      This is a great introductory class for painters, collage artists and
      monotype artists who
      would like to know a little
      about using archival etching inks and archival and safe ink
      modifiers such as gels,
      transparent bases,
      and thinning oils. Use our etching presses and simple printer's
      tools.
      Nothing to bring except yourself. A very fun class. Print fresh and
      dried leaves
      with delicacy for perfect poetry..or tackle an entire plant with
      layers of color!

      SATURDAYS, BEGINS JAN 18TH

      "SAFE PRINTMAKING WITH SOLARPLATE"
      A seven week class at the Schott Center room 23.- You must
      attend the first hour of the
      first class to join. Or send a representative with your $40 and
      personal information.
      January 18 -March 2nd, 12 NOON-3:00pm (instructor Elaine
      LeVasseur, $40)

      Not just another photo etching class! This is a new format
      emphasizing experimental uses of
      this material which etches with plain cold water. No chemicals to
      buy. Can be easily hand
      printed and cut into shapes. No experience in printmaking
      necessary. Print editions or make each
      print variable with painterly ink applications, collage pieces or
      print on fabric or found papers. A
      great class for artists looking for inspiration. Great for life
      drawing enthusiasts.

      FRIDAY AFTERNOONS, begins Jan 18th

      "OPEN PRINTMAKING WORKSHOP"
      A Chance for all area artists to access an etching press for any
      projects workable in a
      group sharing situation. An excellent way for printmakers with
      their own presses to interact
      with others, pick up ideas and share ongoing projects. Invite a
      friend to join you on Fridays and
      be in bliss.
      (instructor in charge, Hugh Margerum) $10 fee.

      FRIDAY MORNINGS, begins Jan 18th.
      "MONOTYPES WITH OILS" (Instructor Hugh Margerum)
      A painter's paradise. Focus on individual expression and
      creativity.

      TUESDAY MORNINGS: begins Jan 8th

      "MONOTYPE:WATERBASED INKS
      A full semester course using beautiful new dye type inks.
      Amazing possibilities in transparency.
      Great introduction to printmaking for watercolor and color pencil
      artists, as well as painters and
      illustrators.
      Tuesdays, 9:00am-12NOON (Instructor, Joan Gunther. Fee $30)