Re: [bookartsconnection] Our Sources & Resources/Tips & Secrets book...

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 13, 2002
      OK. A few more things that i thought were not good enough to send you.

      Scour thrift shops and auctions. I have found really neat old cotton crochet
      yarn, ribbons, needle cases, and sawing doodas that look great in books.

      I have found nice paper in stationary section of "Tuesday Morning" discount
      shops for excellent price. You got to keep checking though. Sometimes they
      have nothing.

      I have found hand held drill to be a lot easier on my hands than hole
      punchers. Small pressure clamps hold the pages together better than c clamps
      of bull clips. You can get the clamps at Home Depot.

      "Color on Paper and Fabric" by Ruth Issett (Hand Book Press, Madison,
      Wisconsin) has lots of interesting techniques and ideas.

      "Handmade Books and Cards, by Jean G. Kropper (Davis Publications,
      Worcester, Mass.) has some interesting formats.

      Catalogues of luxury items have provided lots of interesting bits and images
      for collage.

      I keep a skethc/note/diary book by the TV and another by my chair at work.
      When ideas strike, I jot them down. Lots more effective than thinking I will
      remeber later. (Never happens!!!)

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 13, 2002
        There are 2 great stores in Seattle which I frequent when I'm there. I'll
        get the info for us.
        Gianna

      • paperdance2@cs.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 13, 2002
          WOW, Ines.............your brain is on triple time. I love it.
          Gianna

        • Barry A. Kintner
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 13, 2002
            Good day all -
            -- Would the person who posted the list of sources and resources please send it again. I must've missed it.

            Thanks

            Barry Kintner
          • Pat Baldwin
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 13, 2002
              Thanks for these books. I'd like to get the publishers in there too.

              Patrice

              > A couple of books that I like:
              >
              > "Bookworks" by Sue Doggett
              >
              > and
              >
              > "Making Journals by Hand" by Jason Thompson
            • Pat Baldwin
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 13, 2002
                WELL! That's more like it, folks. Keep 'em coming.

                Thanks to all who submitted their information.

                Patrice
              • paperdance2@cs.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 14, 2002
                  O.K. word is slowly leaking in. One seattle store is TURTLE PRESS on
                  Market Street in Ballard (a sub urb). I'm waiting for the actual address b
                  ut you
                  might call them to find outif you want it before. Turtle Press is the
                  BookArt store
                  and has really interesting collage stuff, very interesting pastes, decent
                  papers but
                  this isn't their strongest point. They also have little objects for collage
                  which I like.
                  Gianna

                • askengel@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 14, 2002