Art Show In LA

  • dhoutz@syv.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2001
      Hi:
      I went to a great show in LA on Wednesday at Frumkin/Duval Gallery at
      Bergamot Station in Santa Monica; I went to see Ron Pippin, who is my
      all-time favorite assemblage artist; showing with him is a book
      artist from
      Santa Barbara, Linda Eckstrom. Her work is fantastic: she alters
      books, uses
      a lot of bibles, also does photo transfer on silk...very powerful and
      well worth
      the trip. The show is on until October 13. On October 6, she will
      be
      interviewed by Richard Hecht, a professor of religious studies at
      UCSB, on
      spiritualtity in art. The interview, which takes place at the
      gallery, is at 2:00
      pm. See this if you can...

      Margy Houtz