Re: Retchoso workshop

  • Pat Baldwin
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 11, 2002
      Thank you, Cathy. I had a good time giving the workshop. It was a lot
      of fun. That's the end of Saturday Workshops until next year. On the
      second Saturday of January I think I'll do one on "THE LEATHER-WRAPPED
      TRAVEL JOURNAL."

      In case anyone would like to join, I'm giving a 5 day Papermaking
      workshop from December 9th to 13th. I have a woman from San Diego
      coming, but I'll have room for 1 or 2 more. We'll go through pulp
      beating and mixing, coloring pulp, chemistry of papermaking, basic
      paper pulling, double dipping, layers of color and many variations of
      papermaking for different purposes... book paper, artworks,
      stationary, etc., paper books and paper suppliers. It'll be $300 + $15
      materials fee = $315. The class starts at 11: am each day and goes
      until someone falls to the floor.

      Hope one or two of you will join us.

      Patrice

      > Thanks Pat for another GREAT workshop. This is a binding that I
      > really like as it opens up to lay so flat. I like the idea that it
      > can be made any size; both hard or soft cover. And with the addition
      > of beads or whatever to embellish it, this is going to be another
      > wonderful addition to the world of making books ~ another piece of
      > art. The Retchoso binding will make for some wonderful
      > journals....can't wait to make more!
      > Thanks again Pat!
      > Cathy Travis
    • Angela Harkavy
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 14, 2002
        Hi Pat,
        I will love to join your January workshop. Angela.

        >From: "Pat Baldwin" <patbooks@...>
        >To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [bookartsconnection] Re: Retchoso workshop
        >Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 04:24:05 -0000
        >
        >Thank you, Cathy. I had a good time giving the workshop. It was a lot
        >of fun. That's the end of Saturday Workshops until next year. On the
        >second Saturday of January I think I'll do one on "THE LEATHER-WRAPPED
        >TRAVEL JOURNAL."
        >
        >In case anyone would like to join, I'm giving a 5 day Papermaking
        >workshop from December 9th to 13th. I have a woman from San Diego
        >coming, but I'll have room for 1 or 2 more. We'll go through pulp
        >beating and mixing, coloring pulp, chemistry of papermaking, basic
        >paper pulling, double dipping, layers of color and many variations of
        >papermaking for different purposes... book paper, artworks,
        >stationary, etc., paper books and paper suppliers. It'll be $300 + $15
        >materials fee = $315. The class starts at 11: am each day and goes
        >until someone falls to the floor.
        >
        >Hope one or two of you will join us.
        >
        >Patrice
        >

        > > Thanks Pat for another GREAT workshop. This is a binding that I
        > > really like as it opens up to lay so flat. I like the idea that it
        > > can be made any size; both hard or soft cover. And with the addition
        > > of beads or whatever to embellish it, this is going to be another
        > > wonderful addition to the world of making books ~ another piece of
        > > art. The Retchoso binding will make for some wonderful
        > > journals....can't wait to make more!
        > > Thanks again Pat!
        > > Cathy Travis

        Angela Oliveira Harkavy , Friends of the United Nations
        4034 Doneva Rd.
        Moorpark, CA 93021, USA
        Tel: 805-529-7926 Fax:80-529-7519

      • Pat Baldwin
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 14, 2002
          Hi Angela:

          Hope you're feeling better. The meeting Saturday is at 1:00.