Reminder for Saturday, Nov. 16th meeting

  • Lisa Moore
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 11, 2002
      Hi All,

      For this meeting, bring whatever portable projects,
      tools, any media (that can be easily cleaned up),
      you'd like like work on, AND/OR materials to make an
      ornament(s) for Jill's annual show & sale, entries due
      Dec. 8th. (BTW Jill will not be at this meeting).

      In addition, I'll make a swap area, if there's stuff
      you want to exchange, or get rid of, bring it, It can
      be resource info too, not just art/craft materials.
      (I'll be bringing some Xeroxed, copyright-free images
      and maybe some other natural collage items.)

      I'm working on X-mas stuff, saw a nifty bookish-box
      idea, I've been wanting to make, possibly for Jill's
      show, at "junque rubberstamps'" website:
      http://www.junque.net/Mini_Shrines.html
      I'll bring a model of my version of this matchbook
      altar/box and potential mini-book.

      PLEASE remember to bring refundable deposit of $5 to
      Gianna's, for use of the Rec. Room.

      Here are the directions again:

      Take l0l South to Linden Exit in Carpinteria.
      R on Linden to 8th St
      L on 8th to dead end at charming foot bridge.
      R into 5455 Singing Springs Condos, parking
      underground OR park on street.
      Rec Room is easily visible from street.

      Hope to see as many folks as possible!
      Have a grand & productive/relaxing weekend, in any
      case!

      Love,
      Lisa (AKA. artboox)

      http://launch.yahoo.com/u2
    • paperdance2@cs.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 12, 2002
        Hi to everyone c oming to the workshop on the l6th. The rec room is a
        grfeat place
        for a meeting....it has long tables seating about l6 people....another round
        tabler seating 4 or 5 and a counter top to put stuff. It's large, light,
        airy .

        The room has a refrig and sink but I cannot get at the coffee pot to brew
        some for us. Bring whatever you want for snacks and to drink....stuff can be
        kept cold in refrig.

        Re the deposit. I will be able to tell if the room is going to pass
        muster.....it always has when I've used it. I just want to be protected
        against paint spills, etc. But you
        will know by the end of the meeting.

        Finally, I'll pay the usage fee of $20.00 as a gift to the group and. I hope
        people will help me clean up after the workshop .
        Look forward to seeing you all on Sat.
        Gianna

      • paperdance2@cs.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 12, 2002
          P.S. Meeting is at l pm, right??????? Anytime is fine with me but I want
          to be
          sure.
          Gianna

        • Lisa Moore
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 14, 2002
            Just to confirm, all meetings are 1:00pm-4:00pm,
            unless otherwise noted. See you soon!

            ATB,
            Lisa (AKA. artboox)

            http://webhosting.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 14, 2002
              This morning I realized I'm stressing myself silly trying to fit Saturday's
              meeting in my schedule. I just can't do it. I'm thinking I'll be missing
              really good stuff, ad I kow I will be missing all of you. I hope ext time.

              Ines
              >Just to confirm, all meetings are 1:00pm-4:00pm,
              >unless otherwise noted. See you soon!
              >
              >ATB,
              >Lisa (AKA. artboox)

            • Karen Thomas
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 14, 2002
                I will have to miss this one because I will be on the
                Carol Duvall Holiday Live show this saturday. It airs
                from 11 to noon. Lot's of holiday ideas will be shown.
                I will be demonstrating a fun little origami ornament.

                See you all next time!

                Karen

                =====
                "Art takes my mind off my hair"http://www.karenelaine.com