Retchoso workshop

  • butterflybinding
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 11, 2002
      Thanks Pat for another GREAT workshop. This is a binding that I
      really like as it opens up to lay so flat. I like the idea that it
      can be made any size; both hard or soft cover. And with the addition
      of beads or whatever to embellish it, this is going to be another
      wonderful addition to the world of making books ~ another piece of
      art. The Retchoso binding will make for some wonderful
      journals....can't wait to make more!
      Thanks again Pat!
      Cathy Travis
    • Pat Baldwin
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 11, 2002
        Thank you, Cathy. I had a good time giving the workshop. It was a lot
        of fun. That's the end of Saturday Workshops until next year. On the
        second Saturday of January I think I'll do one on "THE LEATHER-WRAPPED
        TRAVEL JOURNAL."

        In case anyone would like to join, I'm giving a 5 day Papermaking
        workshop from December 9th to 13th. I have a woman from San Diego
        coming, but I'll have room for 1 or 2 more. We'll go through pulp
        beating and mixing, coloring pulp, chemistry of papermaking, basic
        paper pulling, double dipping, layers of color and many variations of
        papermaking for different purposes... book paper, artworks,
        stationary, etc., paper books and paper suppliers. It'll be $300 + $15
        materials fee = $315. The class starts at 11: am each day and goes
        until someone falls to the floor.

        Hope one or two of you will join us.

        Patrice

        > Thanks Pat for another GREAT workshop. This is a binding that I
        > really like as it opens up to lay so flat. I like the idea that it
        > can be made any size; both hard or soft cover. And with the addition
        > of beads or whatever to embellish it, this is going to be another
        > wonderful addition to the world of making books ~ another piece of
        > art. The Retchoso binding will make for some wonderful
        > journals....can't wait to make more!
        > Thanks again Pat!
        > Cathy Travis
      • Angela Harkavy
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 14, 2002
          Hi Pat,
          I will love to join your January workshop. Angela.

          >From: "Pat Baldwin" <patbooks@...>
          >To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [bookartsconnection] Re: Retchoso workshop
          >Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 04:24:05 -0000
          >
          >Thank you, Cathy. I had a good time giving the workshop. It was a lot
          >of fun. That's the end of Saturday Workshops until next year. On the
          >second Saturday of January I think I'll do one on "THE LEATHER-WRAPPED
          >TRAVEL JOURNAL."
          >
          >In case anyone would like to join, I'm giving a 5 day Papermaking
          >workshop from December 9th to 13th. I have a woman from San Diego
          >coming, but I'll have room for 1 or 2 more. We'll go through pulp
          >beating and mixing, coloring pulp, chemistry of papermaking, basic
          >paper pulling, double dipping, layers of color and many variations of
          >papermaking for different purposes... book paper, artworks,
          >stationary, etc., paper books and paper suppliers. It'll be $300 + $15
          >materials fee = $315. The class starts at 11: am each day and goes
          >until someone falls to the floor.
          >
          >Hope one or two of you will join us.
          >
          >Patrice
          >

          > > Thanks Pat for another GREAT workshop. This is a binding that I
          > > really like as it opens up to lay so flat. I like the idea that it
          > > can be made any size; both hard or soft cover. And with the addition
          > > of beads or whatever to embellish it, this is going to be another
          > > wonderful addition to the world of making books ~ another piece of
          > > art. The Retchoso binding will make for some wonderful
          > > journals....can't wait to make more!
          > > Thanks again Pat!
          > > Cathy Travis

          Angela Oliveira Harkavy , Friends of the United Nations
          4034 Doneva Rd.
          Moorpark, CA 93021, USA
          Tel: 805-529-7926 Fax:80-529-7519

        • Pat Baldwin
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 14, 2002
            Hi Angela:

            Hope you're feeling better. The meeting Saturday is at 1:00.