New Member from Novi Michigan

  • bevmccarter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2002
      I am so happy to find a book arts group. My name is Bev and I am from
      Novi Mich, just a little ways from Ann Arbor. I started out as a
      rubber stamper and then one day while shopping in Ann Arbor I
      stumbled upon a shop named Hollanders. They have all supplies for
      book and paper arts. I started taking classes there and have joined
      in the program to obtain an artisians degree in Book and Paper Arts.
      So far we have made a book using traditional bookbinding methods. I
      did a Tacket bound book, made a drop spine portfolio box,had a class
      in mono printing. I am enrolled in more classes for this term, they
      are a photo album class using screw posts, a wire binding class, Mini
      books class,a 2 day paper marbling class,unique card class,portfolio
      with ties and last but not least I get to take a workshop class with
      no other than THE Keith Smith. He will be instructing a single page
      binding class. I thought I was in love with rubber stamping but I
      find I am impassioned with book and paper arts. Bev McCarter