Hi! Thought i'd introduce myself

  • helenmorganrudd
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
      Hi, I'm Helen Rudd and I've been making books for about 5 years,
      about as long as I have been stamping. I have been teaching various
      binding techniques and (attempting!) to create my own for about 2
      years. I LOVE the book arts. I wish I lived out west so that I
      could actually experience workshops I don't have to fly to :)
      I have been a lurker here for a couple of weeks and finally maganged
      to get time today to sit down and play on the computer.

      I went to a stamp convention in Milwaukee this past weekend and saw a
      company called Articus Studios. Has anyone on here heard of it? She
      was demonstrating a pretty cool measuring device called the book
      wizard. I think she makes it as well. Just wanted to see if anyone
      had used it.

      There was also a beautiful paper company there with lovely italian
      prints. I bought tons of them for decorative covers and endpapers.

      Helen
    • Pat Baldwin
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
        Hi Helen - Welcome to the list. I hope you'll let us know what
        different book projects you're working on. Next time you're in
        California, you can visit us!

        That reminds me. Has anyone put up any photos of their work in the
        PHOTOS section? It would be cool to see some of the book projects
        we're all working on.

        Patrice

        > Hi, I'm Helen Rudd and I've been making books for about 5 years,
        > about as long as I have been stamping. I have been teaching various
        > binding techniques and (attempting!) to create my own for about 2
        > years. I LOVE the book arts. I wish I lived out west so that I
        > could actually experience workshops I don't have to fly to :)
        > I have been a lurker here for a couple of weeks and finally maganged
        > to get time today to sit down and play on the computer.
        >
        > I went to a stamp convention in Milwaukee this past weekend and saw a
        > company called Articus Studios. Has anyone on here heard of it? She
        > was demonstrating a pretty cool measuring device called the book
        > wizard. I think she makes it as well. Just wanted to see if anyone
        > had used it.
        >
        > There was also a beautiful paper company there with lovely italian
        > prints. I bought tons of them for decorative covers and endpapers.
        >
        > Helen
      • Lisa Moore
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
          Welcom Helen! I saw a posting, on another list back in
          April, when Articus Studio's website went up. If you
          don't already have the address, or for others
          interested in it, here it is:

          http://pages.ivillage.com/articusstudio

          And the Book Wizard Tool, which I know very little
          about, is at:

          http://pages.ivillage.com/articusstudio/rubberstamping/id24.html

          I'm glad you saw it demonstrated, I couldn't really
          tell much from the URL description. Frankly, it looks
          like something that could be printed out with a good
          drafting or drawing program, but I'll make do with
          just about anything! : )

          Hope you can post projects made with those luscious
          sounding Italian papers!
          (To do so, image/text files can be uploaded by going
          to the BAC Group's homepage:

          and selecting "Files", then "Add Files", and follow
          instructions from there.)

          All the Best,
          Lisa (AKA. artboox)

          HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
          http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 14, 2002
            Dear Helen,

            Nice to hear from you and to know that our merry band of bookmakers is an
            inspiration out east. Please don't hesitate to call if you are ever coming
            this way. Someday I hope we will have a center so you can drop in, do some
            printing or papermaking, show people your work, and schmooze with other
            bookmakers.

            I have not heard of Articus Studios and have never seen the book wizard.
            Both sound intriguing. But beware of Italian papers - they get in the blood
            and keep you awake lusting for more.

            Happy booking ------Jill Littlewood (805) 898-9260

          • paperdance2@cs.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 14, 2002