Saturday workshop

  • Pat Baldwin
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2002
      Thanks Cathy and Joyce for the kudos. I enjoyed giving the workshop as
      much as you did taking it! I hope many people will take advantage of
      the Nov 9th workshop as well as those I'm planning for the new year.

      Thanks again,

      Patrice
    • Lisa Moore
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 25, 2003
        Patrice gave us a great crash course! She had us make 3 books
        from three different jumping-off places: title, text, and
        structure. All the resources we needed were provided for by
        Patrice, and augmented by Sara, so we did not have to start from
        scratch.

        It was interesting to see which approach felt most familiar to me
        and I think for intermediate to advanced book artists this would
        be an excellent workshop as a way to access one's individual
        working style to best advantage. For intermediate bookbinders
        it's a great way to incorporate content if one hasn't had much
        experience doing so.

        And the materials we were given to choose from, wow! A few of us
        actually followed our lust and chose papers we just had to use
        for one of our books!

        I think everyone who was able to stay came away with 3 fully
        formulated ideas and how to complete them, coming away with 3
        mock-ups. I'm confident that in the two-day version, everyone
        will have at least three polished gems to take home.

        The most satisfying part of the day was going around the table,
        seeing & hearing what everyone came up with, as well as offer
        feedback. This was incredibly inspiring, on top of all that
        Patrice offered, not to mention the feast given by Sara &
        Jerilynne!

        Gratified,
        Lisa

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 25, 2003
          DANG! I ama so sorry I missed it! Hope I can get a mini crash course next
          time we meet on what I missed.

          Ines