still in Japan

  • Karen Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2002
      Konichiwa everyone,

      I went to the factory yesterday where they make
      Mizuhiki paper cords. It was amazing. I took lots of
      photos so I will post them when I return. To get to
      the factory, we had to drive four hours into the
      country and what a beautiful country it is! I saw
      mount Fuji in its glory and I am in awe of the
      countryside. Tokyo is interesting in its huge, yet
      compact way but the views of the red, black and blue
      lacquered rooftops and georgeous foliage are
      spectacular! I can really see the inspiration of
      Japanese art.
      Well, I am off to Hong Kong this evening for two
      nights then I will be back home. I look forward to
      seeing all of you at the next meeting.

      Take care,
      Karen

      =====