Re: [bookartsconnection] In Japan

  • Karen Thomas
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002
      Konichiwa everyone!
      Yesterday I visited the Origami Kaikan and met with an
      origami master who taught me some cool folds. He is
      going to collaborate with me on some origami
      instruction books. Very exciting!
      Today I am going to Okinawa by train to meet with our
      export division and then hopefully some more shopping.
      Yesterday I shopped at my favorite place called Tokyu
      Hands and found those wonderful tiny peg alphabet
      stamps. The font is about 9 point. So cute! I picked
      up an extra set for someone who really, really wants
      one. I suppose I can auction it? :-)
      Anyway, I am functioning on very little sleep since my
      body clock is still in Santa Barbara.
      Take care and I will see you all when I get back!

      Karen

      =====
      "Art takes my mind off my hair"http://www.karenelaine.com

      http://faith.yahoo.com
    • sally timlin
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002
        Me! Me, Karen! Hope you're having a fantastic time on
        your trip. Let's get together when you get back so you
        can do show-n-tell and so I can collect my house book.
        I saw your version on your website and it is truly a
        gem! O'talented one! Take care. Have fun!
        Sally

        =====

        http://faith.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 11, 2002
          DIBS ON THE LETTERS!!!!

          From: Karen Thomas <artisforall@...>
          To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com <bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com>
          Date: Thursday, October 10, 2002 3:22 PM
          Subject: Re: [bookartsconnection] In Japan

        • paperdance2@cs.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 12, 2002
            karen....can yhou bring a BUncH letters?
            Gianna

          • paperdance2@cs.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 12, 2002
              Yeah! Bring a bunch of cool stuff and have an auction.
              Gianna

            • kmar
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 12, 2002
                Karen- I am also thoroughly enjoying the reports from Japan, one of my all
                time trips I would like to take. Bring back everything to auction. I have
                been searching for small alphabet stamps for faux stamps. Thank you for the
                posts. Kathleen Baggarley-Mar