Re: [bookartsconnection] Re: meeting space for November 16th

  • Sara Norquay
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 10, 2002
      Hi Lisa,

      Oops! I will be at the Painted Monkey Conference in Irvine the weekend of
      November the 16th. Sorry! I would love to be able to offer Crane - and I
      will another time.

      Sara

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 11, 2002
        I'll be willing to do as suggested

        From: paperdance2@... <paperdance2@...>
        To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com <bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Thursday, October 10, 2002 1:54 PM
        Subject: Re: [bookartsconnection] Re: meeting space for November 16th

        >O.K., I've reserved the rec room for Nov l6th; that's good for a few weeks
        >but I will
        >need confirmation about whether or not we deciide to use it. If we do not
        >want it, I need to make it
        >available to others.
        >
        >Helping you all decide is the fact that a $l00.00 deposit is required as
        well
        >as a l5.00 fee. I will pay the fee....no problem...but I would like
        people
        >to chip in for the l00.00 deposit. It's for spilled paint, etc and is
        >ENTIRELY REFUNDABLE if the room is not damaged. I use it a lot and NEVER
        >have
        >a problem but I have never painted down there. d I suggest everyone make
        out
        >a check for 5.00 which can be returned at the end of the meeting
        >if things are fine. Sorry to appear so petty but I don't want to front
        that
        >myself.
        >
        >So that;s the deal with the rec room, which is in Carpinteria. It's a
        great
        >room with long tables and a kitchen but it is not an art room, per se so we
        >have to watch it with cutting, paint, etc. Wanted you to know the worst
        so
        >you can make informed decision.
        >
        >Gianna

      • Ledig carol
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 11, 2002
          Im OK with that Carol Ledig
          --- monguio <monguio@...> wrote:
          > I'll be willing to do as suggested
          >
          > ines

          http://faith.yahoo.com
        • Lisa Moore
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 12, 2002
            Thank you so much Gianna! All that info really helps.
            Sorry we'll miss seeing you Sara, & Ines I hope we can
            trek to your studio next year!

            So, I say let's go with the Rec. Room in Carpinteria.

            What is the best way, for those not going to the
            October Swap meeting, to get the $5.00
            (refundable)deposit checks to you, Gianna?

            Looking forward to it!
            Lisa (AKA. artboox)

            http://faith.yahoo.com
          • paperdance2@cs.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 13, 2002
              Just bring your checkbooks to the meeting on Nov. 16th. Thanks for all
              your cooperation. I know its a drag to write and tear up a check. I
              appreciate your
              willingness.

              Here are directions, which I can post again:

              l0l So to Linden Exit in Carpinteria.
              R on Linden to 8th St
              L on 8th to dead end at charming foot bridge.
              R into 5455 Singing Springs Condos, underground parking
              OR
              Park on Street
              Rec Room is easily visible from street.

              Gianna