Re: [bookartsconnection] Re: meeting space for November 16th

  • paperdance2@cs.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 10, 2002
      O.K., I've reserved the rec room for Nov l6th; that's good for a few weeks
      but I will
      need confirmation about whether or not we deciide to use it. If we do not
      want it, I need to make it
      available to others.

      Helping you all decide is the fact that a $l00.00 deposit is required as well
      as a l5.00 fee. I will pay the fee....no problem...but I would like people
      to chip in for the l00.00 deposit. It's for spilled paint, etc and is
      ENTIRELY REFUNDABLE if the room is not damaged. I use it a lot and NEVER
      have
      a problem but I have never painted down there. d I suggest everyone make out
      a check for 5.00 which can be returned at the end of the meeting
      if things are fine. Sorry to appear so petty but I don't want to front that
      myself.

      So that;s the deal with the rec room, which is in Carpinteria. It's a great
      room with long tables and a kitchen but it is not an art room, per se so we
      have to watch it with cutting, paint, etc. Wanted you to know the worst so
      you can make informed decision.

      Gianna

    • Sara Norquay
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 10, 2002
        Hi Lisa,

        Oops! I will be at the Painted Monkey Conference in Irvine the weekend of
        November the 16th. Sorry! I would love to be able to offer Crane - and I
        will another time.

        Sara

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 11, 2002
          I'll be willing to do as suggested

          From: paperdance2@... <paperdance2@...>
          To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com <bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com>
          Date: Thursday, October 10, 2002 1:54 PM
          Subject: Re: [bookartsconnection] Re: meeting space for November 16th

          >O.K., I've reserved the rec room for Nov l6th; that's good for a few weeks
          >but I will
          >need confirmation about whether or not we deciide to use it. If we do not
          >want it, I need to make it
          >available to others.
          >
          >Helping you all decide is the fact that a $l00.00 deposit is required as
          well
          >as a l5.00 fee. I will pay the fee....no problem...but I would like
          people
          >to chip in for the l00.00 deposit. It's for spilled paint, etc and is
          >ENTIRELY REFUNDABLE if the room is not damaged. I use it a lot and NEVER
          >have
          >a problem but I have never painted down there. d I suggest everyone make
          out
          >a check for 5.00 which can be returned at the end of the meeting
          >if things are fine. Sorry to appear so petty but I don't want to front
          that
          >myself.
          >
          >So that;s the deal with the rec room, which is in Carpinteria. It's a
          great
          >room with long tables and a kitchen but it is not an art room, per se so we
          >have to watch it with cutting, paint, etc. Wanted you to know the worst
          so
          >you can make informed decision.
          >
          >Gianna

        • Ledig carol
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 11, 2002
            Im OK with that Carol Ledig
            --- monguio <monguio@...> wrote:
            > I'll be willing to do as suggested
            >
            > ines

            http://faith.yahoo.com
          • Lisa Moore
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 12, 2002
              Thank you so much Gianna! All that info really helps.
              Sorry we'll miss seeing you Sara, & Ines I hope we can
              trek to your studio next year!

              So, I say let's go with the Rec. Room in Carpinteria.

              What is the best way, for those not going to the
              October Swap meeting, to get the $5.00
              (refundable)deposit checks to you, Gianna?

              Looking forward to it!
              Lisa (AKA. artboox)

              http://faith.yahoo.com
            • paperdance2@cs.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 13, 2002
                Just bring your checkbooks to the meeting on Nov. 16th. Thanks for all
                your cooperation. I know its a drag to write and tear up a check. I
                appreciate your
                willingness.

                Here are directions, which I can post again:

                l0l So to Linden Exit in Carpinteria.
                R on Linden to 8th St
                L on 8th to dead end at charming foot bridge.
                R into 5455 Singing Springs Condos, underground parking
                OR
                Park on Street
                Rec Room is easily visible from street.

                Gianna