Book Arts Group - first meeting...

  • patbooks2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2001
      Greetings book lovers:

      A new Book Arts Group is being formed in the Central Coast area. All
      those interested in any phase of book making is more than welcome.

      We plan to meet once a month and share our various expertise and
      projects. There is a lot of valuable information in our collective
      heads, and we can generously share and eagerly learn from one another.
      At each meeting (except the first one which will be for
      meeting/greeting), one of us will give a workshop on some technique,
      book structure or something that will broaden our horizons one way or
      another.

      This is to be a very loosely gathered group - no officers, no format
      written in stone, no dues, no homework... just one person to schedule
      the workshop for the next meeting and one person to contact everyone
      (I'll be happy to do that - Pat) about the following meeting. It can
      be held at members' houses/studios until it gets too large, then we
      can plan on a local library or other facility.

      There are possibilities for book exchanges, group publications,
      exhibitions, invitational workshops from book lecturers passing by and
      lots more... it's only up to your participation and brillant ideas!

      The first "meeting & greeting" gathering will be on January 12th at
      12:noon at the home/studio of Jill Littlewood,
      435 E. Pedregosa, Santa Barbara.

      Mark your calendar and tell your book friends, "Y'all come!"

      Cordially,

      Pat Baldwin

      Please RSVP to:
      Pat Baldwin <mailto:patbooks@...>
      Joyce Resnick <mailto:BamaJoyce@...>
      Jill Littlewood <mailto:jill@...>
    • Johunot@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 17, 2001
        the group sounds great. I'll be there!

        JoAnne Hunot

      • dvarimchai@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 17, 2001
          I am glad you are getting your group together. I have moved down to San Diego
          so I won't be able to be a part of your group. Good luck.
          Eva-Lynn Diesenhaus