Re: meeting space for November 16th

  • Lisa Moore
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 9, 2002
      Thank you Gianna, Sara & Ines! Let us know about the
      public spaces you mentioned, as it would be better for
      me to stay around town. And Ines, I'll give as much
      warning as possible if we do decide a Ventura meeting
      is better...

      Gratefully,
      Lisa (AKA. artboox)

      http://faith.yahoo.com
    • paperdance2@cs.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 10, 2002
        O.K., I've reserved the rec room for Nov l6th; that's good for a few weeks
        but I will
        need confirmation about whether or not we deciide to use it. If we do not
        want it, I need to make it
        available to others.

        Helping you all decide is the fact that a $l00.00 deposit is required as well
        as a l5.00 fee. I will pay the fee....no problem...but I would like people
        to chip in for the l00.00 deposit. It's for spilled paint, etc and is
        ENTIRELY REFUNDABLE if the room is not damaged. I use it a lot and NEVER
        have
        a problem but I have never painted down there. d I suggest everyone make out
        a check for 5.00 which can be returned at the end of the meeting
        if things are fine. Sorry to appear so petty but I don't want to front that
        myself.

        So that;s the deal with the rec room, which is in Carpinteria. It's a great
        room with long tables and a kitchen but it is not an art room, per se so we
        have to watch it with cutting, paint, etc. Wanted you to know the worst so
        you can make informed decision.

        Gianna

      • Sara Norquay
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 10, 2002
          Hi Lisa,

          Oops! I will be at the Painted Monkey Conference in Irvine the weekend of
          November the 16th. Sorry! I would love to be able to offer Crane - and I
          will another time.

          Sara

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 11, 2002
            I'll be willing to do as suggested

            From: paperdance2@... <paperdance2@...>
            To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com <bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com>
            Date: Thursday, October 10, 2002 1:54 PM
            Subject: Re: [bookartsconnection] Re: meeting space for November 16th

            >O.K., I've reserved the rec room for Nov l6th; that's good for a few weeks
            >but I will
            >need confirmation about whether or not we deciide to use it. If we do not
            >want it, I need to make it
            >available to others.
            >
            >Helping you all decide is the fact that a $l00.00 deposit is required as
            well
            >as a l5.00 fee. I will pay the fee....no problem...but I would like
            people
            >to chip in for the l00.00 deposit. It's for spilled paint, etc and is
            >ENTIRELY REFUNDABLE if the room is not damaged. I use it a lot and NEVER
            >have
            >a problem but I have never painted down there. d I suggest everyone make
            out
            >a check for 5.00 which can be returned at the end of the meeting
            >if things are fine. Sorry to appear so petty but I don't want to front
            that
            >myself.
            >
            >So that;s the deal with the rec room, which is in Carpinteria. It's a
            great
            >room with long tables and a kitchen but it is not an art room, per se so we
            >have to watch it with cutting, paint, etc. Wanted you to know the worst
            so
            >you can make informed decision.
            >
            >Gianna

          • Ledig carol
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 11, 2002
              Im OK with that Carol Ledig
              --- monguio <monguio@...> wrote:
              > I'll be willing to do as suggested
              >
              > ines

              http://faith.yahoo.com
            • Lisa Moore
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 12, 2002
                Thank you so much Gianna! All that info really helps.
                Sorry we'll miss seeing you Sara, & Ines I hope we can
                trek to your studio next year!

                So, I say let's go with the Rec. Room in Carpinteria.

                What is the best way, for those not going to the
                October Swap meeting, to get the $5.00
                (refundable)deposit checks to you, Gianna?

                Looking forward to it!
                Lisa (AKA. artboox)

                http://faith.yahoo.com
              • paperdance2@cs.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 13, 2002
                  Just bring your checkbooks to the meeting on Nov. 16th. Thanks for all
                  your cooperation. I know its a drag to write and tear up a check. I
                  appreciate your
                  willingness.

                  Here are directions, which I can post again:

                  l0l So to Linden Exit in Carpinteria.
                  R on Linden to 8th St
                  L on 8th to dead end at charming foot bridge.
                  R into 5455 Singing Springs Condos, underground parking
                  OR
                  Park on Street
                  Rec Room is easily visible from street.

                  Gianna