Re: [bookartsconnection] We need a meeting space for November 16th!

  • paperdance2@cs.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 9, 2002
      lisa, I will check to see if the recreationb room in my condo complex is
      available that
      day.
      Gianna

    • Lisa Moore
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 9, 2002
        Thank you Gianna, Sara & Ines! Let us know about the
        public spaces you mentioned, as it would be better for
        me to stay around town. And Ines, I'll give as much
        warning as possible if we do decide a Ventura meeting
        is better...

        Gratefully,
        Lisa (AKA. artboox)

        http://faith.yahoo.com
      • paperdance2@cs.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 10, 2002
          O.K., I've reserved the rec room for Nov l6th; that's good for a few weeks
          but I will
          need confirmation about whether or not we deciide to use it. If we do not
          want it, I need to make it
          available to others.

          Helping you all decide is the fact that a $l00.00 deposit is required as well
          as a l5.00 fee. I will pay the fee....no problem...but I would like people
          to chip in for the l00.00 deposit. It's for spilled paint, etc and is
          ENTIRELY REFUNDABLE if the room is not damaged. I use it a lot and NEVER
          have
          a problem but I have never painted down there. d I suggest everyone make out
          a check for 5.00 which can be returned at the end of the meeting
          if things are fine. Sorry to appear so petty but I don't want to front that
          myself.

          So that;s the deal with the rec room, which is in Carpinteria. It's a great
          room with long tables and a kitchen but it is not an art room, per se so we
          have to watch it with cutting, paint, etc. Wanted you to know the worst so
          you can make informed decision.

          Gianna

        • Sara Norquay
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 10, 2002
            Hi Lisa,

            Oops! I will be at the Painted Monkey Conference in Irvine the weekend of
            November the 16th. Sorry! I would love to be able to offer Crane - and I
            will another time.

            Sara

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 11, 2002
              I'll be willing to do as suggested

              From: paperdance2@... <paperdance2@...>
              To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com <bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com>
              Date: Thursday, October 10, 2002 1:54 PM
              Subject: Re: [bookartsconnection] Re: meeting space for November 16th

              >O.K., I've reserved the rec room for Nov l6th; that's good for a few weeks
              >but I will
              >need confirmation about whether or not we deciide to use it. If we do not
              >want it, I need to make it
              >available to others.
              >
              >Helping you all decide is the fact that a $l00.00 deposit is required as
              well
              >as a l5.00 fee. I will pay the fee....no problem...but I would like
              people
              >to chip in for the l00.00 deposit. It's for spilled paint, etc and is
              >ENTIRELY REFUNDABLE if the room is not damaged. I use it a lot and NEVER
              >have
              >a problem but I have never painted down there. d I suggest everyone make
              out
              >a check for 5.00 which can be returned at the end of the meeting
              >if things are fine. Sorry to appear so petty but I don't want to front
              that
              >myself.
              >
              >So that;s the deal with the rec room, which is in Carpinteria. It's a
              great
              >room with long tables and a kitchen but it is not an art room, per se so we
              >have to watch it with cutting, paint, etc. Wanted you to know the worst
              so
              >you can make informed decision.
              >
              >Gianna

            • Ledig carol
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 11, 2002
                Im OK with that Carol Ledig
                --- monguio <monguio@...> wrote:
                > I'll be willing to do as suggested
                >
                > ines

                http://faith.yahoo.com
              • Lisa Moore
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 12, 2002
                  Thank you so much Gianna! All that info really helps.
                  Sorry we'll miss seeing you Sara, & Ines I hope we can
                  trek to your studio next year!

                  So, I say let's go with the Rec. Room in Carpinteria.

                  What is the best way, for those not going to the
                  October Swap meeting, to get the $5.00
                  (refundable)deposit checks to you, Gianna?

                  Looking forward to it!
                  Lisa (AKA. artboox)

                  http://faith.yahoo.com
                • paperdance2@cs.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 13, 2002
                    Just bring your checkbooks to the meeting on Nov. 16th. Thanks for all
                    your cooperation. I know its a drag to write and tear up a check. I
                    appreciate your
                    willingness.

                    Here are directions, which I can post again:

                    l0l So to Linden Exit in Carpinteria.
                    R on Linden to 8th St
                    L on 8th to dead end at charming foot bridge.
                    R into 5455 Singing Springs Condos, underground parking
                    OR
                    Park on Street
                    Rec Room is easily visible from street.

                    Gianna