Re: [bookartsconnection] We need a meeting space for November 16th!

    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 8, 2002
      If people want to travel to Ventura, I'll be happy to provide my house as
      meeting place.

      From: Lisa Moore <artboox@...>
      To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com <bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 6:08 PM
      Subject: [bookartsconnection] We need a meeting space for November 16th!

      >Hi All!
      >
      >November 16th will be a
      >bring-your-project-and-work-on-it meeting. We need a
      >place. I've agreed to facilitate this one, as this is
      >a busy time for making holiday gifts, and I need all
      >the time I can get to be ready for the holidays! I am
      >happy to set-up & clean-up the space. If weather
      >permits, we can use Jill's studio, but she'll be
      >out-of-town, as will Virginia...
      >
      >Jill will make an announcement at this coming meeting
      >too, but if someone can spare a room, we'd be
      >grateful!
      >
      >In Deep Appreciation,
      >Lisa (AKA. artboox)

    • Sara Norquay
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 8, 2002
        Hi All!

        I will see if my art room at Crane School is free that day. Let you know
        soon.

        Sara

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 9, 2002
          lisa, I will check to see if the recreationb room in my condo complex is
          available that
          day.
          Gianna

        • Lisa Moore
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 9, 2002
            Thank you Gianna, Sara & Ines! Let us know about the
            public spaces you mentioned, as it would be better for
            me to stay around town. And Ines, I'll give as much
            warning as possible if we do decide a Ventura meeting
            is better...

            Gratefully,
            Lisa (AKA. artboox)

            http://faith.yahoo.com
          • paperdance2@cs.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 10, 2002
              O.K., I've reserved the rec room for Nov l6th; that's good for a few weeks
              but I will
              need confirmation about whether or not we deciide to use it. If we do not
              want it, I need to make it
              available to others.

              Helping you all decide is the fact that a $l00.00 deposit is required as well
              as a l5.00 fee. I will pay the fee....no problem...but I would like people
              to chip in for the l00.00 deposit. It's for spilled paint, etc and is
              ENTIRELY REFUNDABLE if the room is not damaged. I use it a lot and NEVER
              have
              a problem but I have never painted down there. d I suggest everyone make out
              a check for 5.00 which can be returned at the end of the meeting
              if things are fine. Sorry to appear so petty but I don't want to front that
              myself.

              So that;s the deal with the rec room, which is in Carpinteria. It's a great
              room with long tables and a kitchen but it is not an art room, per se so we
              have to watch it with cutting, paint, etc. Wanted you to know the worst so
              you can make informed decision.

              Gianna

            • Sara Norquay
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 10, 2002
                Hi Lisa,

                Oops! I will be at the Painted Monkey Conference in Irvine the weekend of
                November the 16th. Sorry! I would love to be able to offer Crane - and I
                will another time.

                Sara

                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 11, 2002
                  I'll be willing to do as suggested

                  From: paperdance2@... <paperdance2@...>
                  To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com <bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com>
                  Date: Thursday, October 10, 2002 1:54 PM
                  Subject: Re: [bookartsconnection] Re: meeting space for November 16th

                  >O.K., I've reserved the rec room for Nov l6th; that's good for a few weeks
                  >but I will
                  >need confirmation about whether or not we deciide to use it. If we do not
                  >want it, I need to make it
                  >available to others.
                  >
                  >Helping you all decide is the fact that a $l00.00 deposit is required as
                  well
                  >as a l5.00 fee. I will pay the fee....no problem...but I would like
                  people
                  >to chip in for the l00.00 deposit. It's for spilled paint, etc and is
                  >ENTIRELY REFUNDABLE if the room is not damaged. I use it a lot and NEVER
                  >have
                  >a problem but I have never painted down there. d I suggest everyone make
                  out
                  >a check for 5.00 which can be returned at the end of the meeting
                  >if things are fine. Sorry to appear so petty but I don't want to front
                  that
                  >myself.
                  >
                  >So that;s the deal with the rec room, which is in Carpinteria. It's a
                  great
                  >room with long tables and a kitchen but it is not an art room, per se so we
                  >have to watch it with cutting, paint, etc. Wanted you to know the worst
                  so
                  >you can make informed decision.
                  >
                  >Gianna

                • Ledig carol
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 11, 2002
                    Im OK with that Carol Ledig
                    --- monguio <monguio@...> wrote:
                    > I'll be willing to do as suggested
                    >
                    > ines

                    http://faith.yahoo.com
                  • Lisa Moore
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 12, 2002
                      Thank you so much Gianna! All that info really helps.
                      Sorry we'll miss seeing you Sara, & Ines I hope we can
                      trek to your studio next year!

                      So, I say let's go with the Rec. Room in Carpinteria.

                      What is the best way, for those not going to the
                      October Swap meeting, to get the $5.00
                      (refundable)deposit checks to you, Gianna?

                      Looking forward to it!
                      Lisa (AKA. artboox)

                      http://faith.yahoo.com
                    • paperdance2@cs.com
                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 13, 2002
                        Just bring your checkbooks to the meeting on Nov. 16th. Thanks for all
                        your cooperation. I know its a drag to write and tear up a check. I
                        appreciate your
                        willingness.

                        Here are directions, which I can post again:

                        l0l So to Linden Exit in Carpinteria.
                        R on Linden to 8th St
                        L on 8th to dead end at charming foot bridge.
                        R into 5455 Singing Springs Condos, underground parking
                        OR
                        Park on Street
                        Rec Room is easily visible from street.

                        Gianna