We need a meeting space for November 16th!

  • Lisa Moore
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 8, 2002
      Hi All!

      November 16th will be a
      bring-your-project-and-work-on-it meeting. We need a
      place. I've agreed to facilitate this one, as this is
      a busy time for making holiday gifts, and I need all
      the time I can get to be ready for the holidays! I am
      happy to set-up & clean-up the space. If weather
      permits, we can use Jill's studio, but she'll be
      out-of-town, as will Virginia...

      Jill will make an announcement at this coming meeting
      too, but if someone can spare a room, we'd be
      grateful!

      In Deep Appreciation,
      Lisa (AKA. artboox)

      http://faith.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 8, 2002
        If people want to travel to Ventura, I'll be happy to provide my house as
        meeting place.

        From: Lisa Moore <artboox@...>
        To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com <bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 6:08 PM
        Subject: [bookartsconnection] We need a meeting space for November 16th!

        >Hi All!
        >
        >November 16th will be a
        >bring-your-project-and-work-on-it meeting. We need a
        >place. I've agreed to facilitate this one, as this is
        >a busy time for making holiday gifts, and I need all
        >the time I can get to be ready for the holidays! I am
        >happy to set-up & clean-up the space. If weather
        >permits, we can use Jill's studio, but she'll be
        >out-of-town, as will Virginia...
        >
        >Jill will make an announcement at this coming meeting
        >too, but if someone can spare a room, we'd be
        >grateful!
        >
        >In Deep Appreciation,
        >Lisa (AKA. artboox)

      • Sara Norquay
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 8, 2002
          Hi All!

          I will see if my art room at Crane School is free that day. Let you know
          soon.

          Sara

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 9, 2002
            lisa, I will check to see if the recreationb room in my condo complex is
            available that
            day.
            Gianna

          • Lisa Moore
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 9, 2002
              Thank you Gianna, Sara & Ines! Let us know about the
              public spaces you mentioned, as it would be better for
              me to stay around town. And Ines, I'll give as much
              warning as possible if we do decide a Ventura meeting
              is better...

              Gratefully,
              Lisa (AKA. artboox)

              http://faith.yahoo.com
            • paperdance2@cs.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 10, 2002
                O.K., I've reserved the rec room for Nov l6th; that's good for a few weeks
                but I will
                need confirmation about whether or not we deciide to use it. If we do not
                want it, I need to make it
                available to others.

                Helping you all decide is the fact that a $l00.00 deposit is required as well
                as a l5.00 fee. I will pay the fee....no problem...but I would like people
                to chip in for the l00.00 deposit. It's for spilled paint, etc and is
                ENTIRELY REFUNDABLE if the room is not damaged. I use it a lot and NEVER
                have
                a problem but I have never painted down there. d I suggest everyone make out
                a check for 5.00 which can be returned at the end of the meeting
                if things are fine. Sorry to appear so petty but I don't want to front that
                myself.

                So that;s the deal with the rec room, which is in Carpinteria. It's a great
                room with long tables and a kitchen but it is not an art room, per se so we
                have to watch it with cutting, paint, etc. Wanted you to know the worst so
                you can make informed decision.

                Gianna

              • Sara Norquay
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 10, 2002
                  Hi Lisa,

                  Oops! I will be at the Painted Monkey Conference in Irvine the weekend of
                  November the 16th. Sorry! I would love to be able to offer Crane - and I
                  will another time.

                  Sara

                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 11, 2002
                    I'll be willing to do as suggested

                    From: paperdance2@... <paperdance2@...>
                    To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com <bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com>
                    Date: Thursday, October 10, 2002 1:54 PM
                    Subject: Re: [bookartsconnection] Re: meeting space for November 16th

                    >O.K., I've reserved the rec room for Nov l6th; that's good for a few weeks
                    >but I will
                    >need confirmation about whether or not we deciide to use it. If we do not
                    >want it, I need to make it
                    >available to others.
                    >
                    >Helping you all decide is the fact that a $l00.00 deposit is required as
                    well
                    >as a l5.00 fee. I will pay the fee....no problem...but I would like
                    people
                    >to chip in for the l00.00 deposit. It's for spilled paint, etc and is
                    >ENTIRELY REFUNDABLE if the room is not damaged. I use it a lot and NEVER
                    >have
                    >a problem but I have never painted down there. d I suggest everyone make
                    out
                    >a check for 5.00 which can be returned at the end of the meeting
                    >if things are fine. Sorry to appear so petty but I don't want to front
                    that
                    >myself.
                    >
                    >So that;s the deal with the rec room, which is in Carpinteria. It's a
                    great
                    >room with long tables and a kitchen but it is not an art room, per se so we
                    >have to watch it with cutting, paint, etc. Wanted you to know the worst
                    so
                    >you can make informed decision.
                    >
                    >Gianna

                  • Ledig carol
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 11, 2002
                      Im OK with that Carol Ledig
                      --- monguio <monguio@...> wrote:
                      > I'll be willing to do as suggested
                      >
                      > ines

                      http://faith.yahoo.com
                    • Lisa Moore
                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 12, 2002
                        Thank you so much Gianna! All that info really helps.
                        Sorry we'll miss seeing you Sara, & Ines I hope we can
                        trek to your studio next year!

                        So, I say let's go with the Rec. Room in Carpinteria.

                        What is the best way, for those not going to the
                        October Swap meeting, to get the $5.00
                        (refundable)deposit checks to you, Gianna?

                        Looking forward to it!
                        Lisa (AKA. artboox)

                        http://faith.yahoo.com
                      • paperdance2@cs.com
                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 13, 2002
                          Just bring your checkbooks to the meeting on Nov. 16th. Thanks for all
                          your cooperation. I know its a drag to write and tear up a check. I
                          appreciate your
                          willingness.

                          Here are directions, which I can post again:

                          l0l So to Linden Exit in Carpinteria.
                          R on Linden to 8th St
                          L on 8th to dead end at charming foot bridge.
                          R into 5455 Singing Springs Condos, underground parking
                          OR
                          Park on Street
                          Rec Room is easily visible from street.

                          Gianna