Re: [bookartsconnection] paste paper

  • paperdance2@cs.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 7, 2002
      AAAHHH SOOOO! Gianna

    • Karen Thomas
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 9, 2002
        Greetings everyone!
        I am sending you this email from Tokyo Japan. I
        arrived last night and couldn't really sleep so here I
        am on the internet!
        Today I am visiting the Kobayashi center for the for
        the paper arts and then Tokyu Hands which is the
        ultimate craft mecca here.
        Saturday, I am off to visit the factory where Mizuhiki
        is made and sunday I am flying to Hong Kong, again to
        look for interesting paper related items. I will keep
        you all posted!

        Take care,
        Karen

        =====
        "Art takes my mind off my hair"http://www.karenelaine.com

        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002
          Wow! Looking forward to hearing from you.
          Gianna

          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002
            Dang, Karen. My drooling is making a mess on the floor. Bring lots of
            stories.

            Ines

            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002
              And bring paper!
              Gianna

            • Karen Thomas
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002
                Konichiwa everyone!
                Yesterday I visited the Origami Kaikan and met with an
                origami master who taught me some cool folds. He is
                going to collaborate with me on some origami
                instruction books. Very exciting!
                Today I am going to Okinawa by train to meet with our
                export division and then hopefully some more shopping.
                Yesterday I shopped at my favorite place called Tokyu
                Hands and found those wonderful tiny peg alphabet
                stamps. The font is about 9 point. So cute! I picked
                up an extra set for someone who really, really wants
                one. I suppose I can auction it? :-)
                Anyway, I am functioning on very little sleep since my
                body clock is still in Santa Barbara.
                Take care and I will see you all when I get back!

                Karen

                =====
                "Art takes my mind off my hair"http://www.karenelaine.com

                http://faith.yahoo.com
              • sally timlin
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002
                  Me! Me, Karen! Hope you're having a fantastic time on
                  your trip. Let's get together when you get back so you
                  can do show-n-tell and so I can collect my house book.
                  I saw your version on your website and it is truly a
                  gem! O'talented one! Take care. Have fun!
                  Sally

                  =====

                  http://faith.yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 11, 2002
                    DIBS ON THE LETTERS!!!!

                    From: Karen Thomas <artisforall@...>
                    To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com <bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com>
                    Date: Thursday, October 10, 2002 3:22 PM
                    Subject: Re: [bookartsconnection] In Japan

                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 12, 2002
                      karen....can yhou bring a BUncH letters?
                      Gianna

                    • paperdance2@cs.com
                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 12, 2002
                        Yeah! Bring a bunch of cool stuff and have an auction.
                        Gianna

                      • kmar
                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 12, 2002
                          Karen- I am also thoroughly enjoying the reports from Japan, one of my all
                          time trips I would like to take. Bring back everything to auction. I have
                          been searching for small alphabet stamps for faux stamps. Thank you for the
                          posts. Kathleen Baggarley-Mar