Re: [bookartsconnection] paste paper

    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 7, 2002
      Thanks. i'll try that tomorrow (got to do SOME work tonight)
      see what you started?

      From: bamajoyce@... <bamajoyce@...>
      To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com <bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Monday, October 07, 2002 11:02 AM
      Subject: Re: [bookartsconnection] paste paper

      >Inez--I just iron the pages flat on a breadboard, stack them one on top of
      the other, and press with a baking sheet with a cast iron pot on top! Once
      the pages are cold and have been pressed, they remain flat. I found that
      using the fabric covered ironing board was more difficult than when I use
      just the breadboard, uncovered.

    • paperdance2@cs.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 7, 2002
        Ines...I can't get my paper as smooth as sharon and Joyce, either. I did
        use a steam iron and it helps a lot but maybe pressing it in a book or under
        a pile of books with heavy rocks on them will give the look you want.
        Gianna

      • paperdance2@cs.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 7, 2002
          AAAHHH SOOOO! Gianna

        • Karen Thomas
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 9, 2002
            Greetings everyone!
            I am sending you this email from Tokyo Japan. I
            arrived last night and couldn't really sleep so here I
            am on the internet!
            Today I am visiting the Kobayashi center for the for
            the paper arts and then Tokyu Hands which is the
            ultimate craft mecca here.
            Saturday, I am off to visit the factory where Mizuhiki
            is made and sunday I am flying to Hong Kong, again to
            look for interesting paper related items. I will keep
            you all posted!

            Take care,
            Karen

            =====
            "Art takes my mind off my hair"http://www.karenelaine.com

            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002
              Wow! Looking forward to hearing from you.
              Gianna

              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002
                Dang, Karen. My drooling is making a mess on the floor. Bring lots of
                stories.

                Ines

                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002
                  And bring paper!
                  Gianna

                • Karen Thomas
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002
                    Konichiwa everyone!
                    Yesterday I visited the Origami Kaikan and met with an
                    origami master who taught me some cool folds. He is
                    going to collaborate with me on some origami
                    instruction books. Very exciting!
                    Today I am going to Okinawa by train to meet with our
                    export division and then hopefully some more shopping.
                    Yesterday I shopped at my favorite place called Tokyu
                    Hands and found those wonderful tiny peg alphabet
                    stamps. The font is about 9 point. So cute! I picked
                    up an extra set for someone who really, really wants
                    one. I suppose I can auction it? :-)
                    Anyway, I am functioning on very little sleep since my
                    body clock is still in Santa Barbara.
                    Take care and I will see you all when I get back!

                    Karen

                    =====
                    "Art takes my mind off my hair"http://www.karenelaine.com

                    http://faith.yahoo.com
                  • sally timlin
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002
                      Me! Me, Karen! Hope you're having a fantastic time on
                      your trip. Let's get together when you get back so you
                      can do show-n-tell and so I can collect my house book.
                      I saw your version on your website and it is truly a
                      gem! O'talented one! Take care. Have fun!
                      Sally

                      =====

                      http://faith.yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 11, 2002
                        DIBS ON THE LETTERS!!!!

                        From: Karen Thomas <artisforall@...>
                        To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com <bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com>
                        Date: Thursday, October 10, 2002 3:22 PM
                        Subject: Re: [bookartsconnection] In Japan

                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 12, 2002
                          karen....can yhou bring a BUncH letters?
                          Gianna

                        • paperdance2@cs.com
                          Message 12 of 15 , Oct 12, 2002
                            Yeah! Bring a bunch of cool stuff and have an auction.
                            Gianna

                          • kmar
                            Message 13 of 15 , Oct 12, 2002
                              Karen- I am also thoroughly enjoying the reports from Japan, one of my all
                              time trips I would like to take. Bring back everything to auction. I have
                              been searching for small alphabet stamps for faux stamps. Thank you for the
                              posts. Kathleen Baggarley-Mar