art show benefit sale

  • Pat Hartleben
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 9, 2001
      I have been working with Jill Littlewood to create a small gallery space
      located adjacent to her home in Santa Barbara. We have been motivated
      to provide much needed space for local artists to show their work. At
      some point this gallery space may morph into a book arts center for Santa
      Barbara, and it can also be a venue for the showing of book arts, papers,
      collage, assemblage, as well as other media.
      In Jill's email to the book arts connection she has extended an invitation
      to the book arts group to place art work in the gallery for it's first
      show on Dec. 1. This show is in conjunction with a sale of handicrafts
      made by Afghan women to raise funds for the Revolutionary Association
      of the Women of Afghanistan. All sales would be a 50/50 split between
      the artist and RAWA. As Jill mentioned in her email, delicate books would
      not be appropriate for this show, but collage, assemblage, paintings,
      or other wall hung work or cards that could be sold at a table would
      be good. There is a garden space outside the gallery where ceramics or
      sculpture can be placed, but if it is work that needs a pedestal you
      would need to provide it. The gallery space is not large, so we might
      have trouble accommodating large work. If you would like to come over
      to look at the space before you deliver your art to see what would work
      best in the space, please do so.
      We will be hanging the show Nov. 28 and we are requesting that all art
      be delivered to the gallery on or before Nov. 27. We will have a form
      for you to fill out (your name, title of artwork, price of artwork, etc.)that
      you will need to affix to the work.
      Call Jill to let her know when you would like to deliver your art work
      or if you want to come over to see the space.
      Jill Littlewood
      435 E. Pedragosa
      Santa Barbara 93103
      898-9260
      On the day of the show Jill will be attending to the sale of the handicrafts
      and I will attend to the art work in the gallery.
      You can come by Sun. Dec. 2 to pick up any unsold art and/or checks for
      works sold.
      Call me if you have any other questions and check Jill's previous email
      for additional information.
      Pat Hartleben
      962-4848

      Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com
    • patbooks2000
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16, 2001
        Greetings book lovers:

        A new Book Arts Group is being formed in the Central Coast area. All
        those interested in any phase of book making is more than welcome.

        We plan to meet once a month and share our various expertise and
        projects. There is a lot of valuable information in our collective
        heads, and we can generously share and eagerly learn from one another.
        At each meeting (except the first one which will be for
        meeting/greeting), one of us will give a workshop on some technique,
        book structure or something that will broaden our horizons one way or
        another.

        This is to be a very loosely gathered group - no officers, no format
        written in stone, no dues, no homework... just one person to schedule
        the workshop for the next meeting and one person to contact everyone
        (I'll be happy to do that - Pat) about the following meeting. It can
        be held at members' houses/studios until it gets too large, then we
        can plan on a local library or other facility.

        There are possibilities for book exchanges, group publications,
        exhibitions, invitational workshops from book lecturers passing by and
        lots more... it's only up to your participation and brillant ideas!

        The first "meeting & greeting" gathering will be on January 12th at
        12:noon at the home/studio of Jill Littlewood,
        435 E. Pedregosa, Santa Barbara.

        Mark your calendar and tell your book friends, "Y'all come!"

        Cordially,

        Pat Baldwin

        Please RSVP to:
        Pat Baldwin <mailto:patbooks@...>
        Joyce Resnick <mailto:BamaJoyce@...>
        Jill Littlewood <mailto:jill@...>
      • Johunot@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 17, 2001
          the group sounds great. I'll be there!

          JoAnne Hunot

        • dvarimchai@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 17, 2001
            I am glad you are getting your group together. I have moved down to San Diego
            so I won't be able to be a part of your group. Good luck.
            Eva-Lynn Diesenhaus