My biography

  • Konstantin Mihov
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 21 1:12 AM
      Dear readers,

      This is my very first post on your group and I would like to introduce
      myself in few words.

      My name is Konstantin Mihov - a 16 year school boy from Bulgaria. I study in
      the Frist English Language School in Sofia but before tht I have been an art
      pupil for seven years. I did not study bookbinding there but still they are
      connected - I have my passion for art from there (and bookbinding is an art
      after all). I have become interested in bookbinding just a few months ago
      but since then I have tried to make some beautiful and useful bindings
      either with vellum (the only type of genuin leather I was able to find in
      Sofia) or with some synthetic materials - synthetis furs, lizard skins,
      snake skins, even synthetic vellum. I have been very happy with all of them.
      I am still learning of course but so far I have made my journals, diary,
      even a notebook for school and some of my journals have been given to my
      parents who enjoy them thoroughly. I have been happy to make them because I
      have not been able to find the right notebook for my taste. I believe that I
      have a nice view on everything that has to do with this art and I am able to
      desing myself some really nice journals. But I am still learning. I hope to
      be able to post some pictures soon so that I can show off with my work that
      I will be really happy to have you analysed and qualified.

      Apart from bookbinding I have another passion that has something to do with
      art - collecting fountain pens. I have started with this just two years ago
      but since I am a student I am not able to purchase many of them. You can
      have a look at the site I have built (it will soon be moved to a location
      with .com) where you can have a look at the pens I have and some other
      interesting links to the fountain pens world. On my new site I will have the
      jourals I make pictured but it will take some time till that moment. Any
      way, I am happy to be part of this community.

      Are there often posts with pictues of newly made books by you? Or it is
      simply asking and ansering questions?

      Konstantin - not every artist is a pen collector but every artist should use
      a fountain pen.
      kmpens@...
      http://kmpens.tripod.com - we are writing instrument shop, not just another
      stationery. Marlen, Pelikan, Lamy, Montblanc, pre-owned

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 21 11:34 AM
        What a wonderful addition to our group! Konstantin: I also collect fountain
        pens, and will not write by hand anything important except with one of them.
        I wish you good hunting.

        ines monguio