Fwd: Women Expanding Their Borders, an art exhibit call for entries

  • Lisa Moore
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2002
      Art Exhibit opportunity! Below is the original
      forward I received, my emailed question, and the
      reply...

      Women Expanding Their Borders (forward from Linda S.)
      Oct. 17 to Dec. 7

      **Opening Reception: Oct. 17 from 5-8:00 p.m.**

      Women of Santa Barbara will be expressing their own
      understanding of borders in this multi-media exhibit
      at the Women s Center Art Gallery. This exhibit will
      coincide with the Women Beyond Borders: Building a
      Global Community Exhibition at the University Art
      Museum. The Women Expanding Their Borders exhibit
      will largely feature the small boxes created during
      a Women s Center-sponsored workshop Oct. 10 from
      noon-5. The Women s Center Art Gallery is looking
      for art of any media centered on the theme of Women
      Expanding Their Borders to be presented alongside
      this display. We welcome any and all women artists
      to submit their work for consideration in the
      exhibit.

      Please submit a short statement about how your work
      relates to the theme, along with your contact
      information and a reproduction of your art work (no
      originals, please) as well as a self-addressed
      stamped envelope.

      All work should be submitted to:

      Women s Center Art Gallery
      Bldg. 434
      UCSB
      Santa Barbara, CA 93106-7190
      Deadline for submissions: October 10th by 5:00 p.m.

      If you have any questions please contact the art
      gallery curator:
      Nicole DeGuzman
      805) 893-3778
      email: artforwomen@...

      Border n 1: a line that indicates a boundary 2: the
      boundary line or the area immediately inside the
      boundary 3: the boundary of a surface; v 1: extend
      on all sides of simultaneously; encircle 2: form the
      boundary of; be contiguous to 3: enclose in or as if
      in a frame.