Re: [bookartsconnection] Digest Number 117

  • paperdance2@cs.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5 12:04 PM
    • paperdance2@cs.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5 12:05 PM
        It's exciting to have members from other parts of the country!!!
        Gianna

      • Connie Rohde
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5 12:19 PM

        • bamajoyce@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 5 2:27 PM
            Maxine--how generous of you to offer us papers. Please don't do it for this
            particular meeting as our focus will be entierely on making the paste papers,
            not making a book. Each member can make a collection of papers for their use
            at a later date. Because we make our papers layering color, we need time
            between to let them dry. I think the day will be filled up just producing
            papers! So far we have 10 people who have said they would come. We'll have
            to take turns at the stations.

            Thank you for your generosity.

            Re the paste paper mixture, we use methyl cellulose, mixing it to a "goopy"
            consistency, then adding acrylics or tempera or metallics. There is no
            receipe. We go by the "feel" of the paste and add water if needed. I
            purchase my methyl cellulose from Bookbinders in Maryland.

            When you are again in Santa Barbara, join us!

            Joyce
          • Barry A. Kintner
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 5 11:10 PM
              Good day all -
              -- Joyce and I touched base on this and thought it might be a good way to spread the word on meetings and their locations. Any questions,
              suggestions, and comments are all appreciated. Let me know if it works for you - or what would for you.
              -- To view what I am talking about, go to - http://www.kintner.com/bookarts - this is a hidden page on my main website, annnd there is a link
              for printing a page designed for printing to take with you on the day of the meeting.
              -- I'll try to get one done for each location as they come up - or you can send me an address and directions well ahead of time if you know you
              will be hosting a meeting or have a specific location for a meeting in the future.
              -- Enjoy.

              Barry A. Kintner - a2z@...
              A2Z Computer Works - Website Design for Business
              http://www.a2zcomputerworks.com
            • patbooks2000
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 6 6:00 PM
                Barry:

                That's brilliant! Thanks so much for the map. Hope you'll be at the
                meeting to be thanked in person. Very generous of you.

                Patrice Baldwin (the ever-lost out-of-towner)