Re: [bookartsconnection] Digest Number 117

  • Maxine Seelenbinder-Apke
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2002
      Hi,
      I will not be able to attend the meeting, but I would live to have the
      recipe you use for your paste papers. I am going to send you a package of
      papers the group may like to use. Maybe for the inside of a simple figure 8
      stitch booklet using their past papers on the outside. Please let me know
      about how many members you expect. Because I am sending the paper from Ohio
      I will need a week(7 days). I know that mail which I send to my mother in
      Santa Barbara takes 6 or 7 days to arrive.

      - Maxine,
      the long distance member
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2002
      • paperdance2@cs.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2002
          It's exciting to have members from other parts of the country!!!
          Gianna

        • Connie Rohde
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 5, 2002

          • bamajoyce@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 5, 2002
              Maxine--how generous of you to offer us papers. Please don't do it for this
              particular meeting as our focus will be entierely on making the paste papers,
              not making a book. Each member can make a collection of papers for their use
              at a later date. Because we make our papers layering color, we need time
              between to let them dry. I think the day will be filled up just producing
              papers! So far we have 10 people who have said they would come. We'll have
              to take turns at the stations.

              Thank you for your generosity.

              Re the paste paper mixture, we use methyl cellulose, mixing it to a "goopy"
              consistency, then adding acrylics or tempera or metallics. There is no
              receipe. We go by the "feel" of the paste and add water if needed. I
              purchase my methyl cellulose from Bookbinders in Maryland.

              When you are again in Santa Barbara, join us!

              Joyce
            • Barry A. Kintner
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 5, 2002
                Good day all -
                -- Joyce and I touched base on this and thought it might be a good way to spread the word on meetings and their locations. Any questions,
                suggestions, and comments are all appreciated. Let me know if it works for you - or what would for you.
                -- To view what I am talking about, go to - http://www.kintner.com/bookarts - this is a hidden page on my main website, annnd there is a link
                for printing a page designed for printing to take with you on the day of the meeting.
                -- I'll try to get one done for each location as they come up - or you can send me an address and directions well ahead of time if you know you
                will be hosting a meeting or have a specific location for a meeting in the future.
                -- Enjoy.

                Barry A. Kintner - a2z@...
                A2Z Computer Works - Website Design for Business
                http://www.a2zcomputerworks.com
              • patbooks2000
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 6, 2002
                  Barry:

                  That's brilliant! Thanks so much for the map. Hope you'll be at the
                  meeting to be thanked in person. Very generous of you.

                  Patrice Baldwin (the ever-lost out-of-towner)