Re: August Book Arts meeting...

  • patbooks2000
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 8, 2002
      Helloooooo out there. It's just over a week away and I haven't
      received more than four RSVP's for the 17th meeting in Santa Maria.
      Please, please let me know if you're coming because I'm working up the
      books for y'all to make and preparing a lot of other goodies.

      NOTE: If no more than 6 people RSVP, I'm cancelling. It's too much
      prep work for just a few. We'll have it another time I guess.

      So, let me know: (805)352-0202 <mailto:patbooks@...

      --- In bookartsconnection@y..., "patbooks2000" <patbooks@m...> wrote:
      > Y'all:
      >
      > This is the official announcement of the Saturday, August 17th Central
      > Coast Book Arts Group meeting, which will begin at 12:noon and last
      > until 4:pm. It will celebrate the opening of my new Waterleaf Mill &
      > Bindery and Pequeño Press in Santa Maria, California. It's going to be
      > a shake down cruise for the studio and bindery, so I will have many
      > projects set up and ready for everyone to go around and sample:
      > papermaking, paper casting, silk marbling, lino cut printing,
      > die cutting, silk screen printing, paste papers, polymer clay
      > book covers and a specially designed scratch-and-sniff pop-up
      > book for everyone to make.
      > There will be a mystery tool to solve, and a terrific door prize
      drawing.

      > I must have a definite RSVP for this meeting so I can accomodate
      > everyone.
      >
      > Driving north on #101 to Santa Maria (about 1 hr from SB), take the
      > MAIN STREET exit (jog left off the ramp) and turn RIGHT on Main St.
      > Pass one light and turn LEFT at the second light, SUEY St. (you'll
      > pass the hospital and begin to see vegetable fields) After one stop
      > sign, (Alvin St.) turn LEFT at the next street, ROSE ST. Turn RIGHT at
      > the second street, HAL St. Then, if you go straight, you will be aimed
      > right into my driveway at the end where Hal T's into Buckskin. My
      > address is 1505 Buckskin. (352-0202) It has a white bannister all
      > across the front of the house.
      >
      > You should bring your usual box of tools. Everything else will be here
      > for you to have fun with.
      >
      > See ya soon!
      >
      > Patrice Baldwin
      >
      > P.S. Please RSVP by phone or email
      > (805)352-0202
      > patbooks@m...
    • Sara Norquay
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 8, 2002
        Hi Pat,

        I hope I RSVP'd and I hope everyone is coming. Yikes! I am sure this will be
        a highlight of the summer. Don't cancel please!!!!

        Sara

        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 8, 2002
          I'm definitely planning to be there and am looking forward to it.
          Sorry I've been too busy this week to reply sooner!

          Pam

        • bamajoyce@aol.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 8, 2002
            Hi Pam. Sharron Carleton and I are planning on attending the Santa Maria workshop on the 17th. I thought I'd RSVP'd but I guess I only THOUGHT about it. Sorry. See you in a week and 2 days.

            Joyce Resnik
          • Tom & Judy Nilsen
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 9, 2002
              Pat, I'm pretty sure I immediately sent a negative RSVP. Sad to miss another meeting, but happy to be going on vacation. Judy Nilsen
              Helloooooo out there. It's just over a week away and I haven't
              received more than four RSVP's for the 17th meeting in Santa Maria.
              Please, please let me know if you're coming because I'm working up the
              books for y'all to make and preparing a lot of other goodies.

              NOTE: If no more than 6 people RSVP, I'm cancelling. It's too much
              prep work for just a few. We'll have it another time I guess.

              So, let me know: (805)352-0202 <mailto:patbooks@...

              --- In bookartsconnection@y..., "patbooks2000" <patbooks@m...> wrote:
              > Y'all:
              >
              > This is the official announcement of the Saturday, August 17th Central
              > Coast Book Arts Group meeting, which will begin at 12:noon and last
              > until 4:pm. It will celebrate the opening of my new Waterleaf Mill &
              > Bindery and Pequeño Press in Santa Maria, California. It's going to be
              > a shake down cruise for the studio and bindery, so I will have many
              > projects set up and ready for everyone to go around and sample:
              > papermaking, paper casting, silk marbling, lino cut printing,
              > die cutting, silk screen printing, paste papers, polymer clay
              > book covers and a specially designed scratch-and-sniff pop-up
              > book for everyone to make.
              > There will be a mystery tool to solve, and a terrific door prize
              drawing.

              > I must have a definite RSVP for this meeting so I can accomodate
              > everyone.
              >
              > Driving north on #101 to Santa Maria (about 1 hr from SB), take the
              > MAIN STREET exit (jog left off the ramp) and turn RIGHT on Main St.
              > Pass one light and turn LEFT at the second light, SUEY St. (you'll
              > pass the hospital and begin to see vegetable fields) After one stop
              > sign, (Alvin St.) turn LEFT at the next street, ROSE ST. Turn RIGHT at
              > the second street, HAL St. Then, if you go straight, you will be aimed
              > right into my driveway at the end where Hal T's into Buckskin. My
              > address is 1505 Buckskin. (352-0202) It has a white bannister all
              > across the front of the house.
              >
              > You should bring your usual box of tools. Everything else will be here
              > for you to have fun with.
              >
              > See ya soon!
              >
              > Patrice Baldwin
              >
              > P.S. Please RSVP by phone or email
              > (805)352-0202
              > patbooks@m...

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • lolomama@aol.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 9, 2002
                Sorry, Pat, that I haven't gotten back to you. Unfortunately, I'm not able to
                come that day. Thanks for all your enthusiasm, tho! Best, Lois Klein

                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 9, 2002
                  Hi Pat. I plan to be there.

                  Ines
                  Helloooooo out there. It's just over a week away and I haven't
                  received more than four RSVP's for the 17th meeting in Santa Maria.
                  Please, please let me know if you're coming because I'm working up the
                  books for y'all to make and preparing a lot of other goodies.

                  NOTE: If no more than 6 people RSVP, I'm cancelling. It's too much
                  prep work for just a few. We'll have it another time I guess.

                  So, let me know: (805)352-0202 <mailto:patbooks@...

                  --- In bookartsconnection@y..., "patbooks2000" <patbooks@m...> wrote:
                  > Y'all:
                  >
                  > This is the official announcement of the Saturday, August 17th Central
                  > Coast Book Arts Group meeting, which will begin at 12:noon and last
                  > until 4:pm. It will celebrate the opening of my new Waterleaf Mill &
                  > Bindery and Pequeño Press in Santa Maria, California. It's going to be
                  > a shake down cruise for the studio and bindery, so I will have many
                  > projects set up and ready for everyone to go around and sample:
                  > papermaking, paper casting, silk marbling, lino cut printing,
                  > die cutting, silk screen printing, paste papers, polymer clay
                  > book covers and a specially designed scratch-and-sniff pop-up
                  > book for everyone to make.
                  > There will be a mystery tool to solve, and a terrific door prize
                  drawing.

                  > I must have a definite RSVP for this meeting so I can accomodate
                  > everyone.
                  >
                  > Driving north on #101 to Santa Maria (about 1 hr from SB), take the
                  > MAIN STREET exit (jog left off the ramp) and turn RIGHT on Main St.
                  > Pass one light and turn LEFT at the second light, SUEY St. (you'll
                  > pass the hospital and begin to see vegetable fields) After one stop
                  > sign, (Alvin St.) turn LEFT at the next street, ROSE ST. Turn RIGHT at
                  > the second street, HAL St. Then, if you go straight, you will be aimed
                  > right into my driveway at the end where Hal T's into Buckskin. My
                  > address is 1505 Buckskin. (352-0202) It has a white bannister all
                  > across the front of the house.
                  >
                  > You should bring your usual box of tools. Everything else will be here
                  > for you to have fun with.
                  >
                  > See ya soon!
                  >
                  > Patrice Baldwin
                  >
                  > P.S. Please RSVP by phone or email
                  > (805)352-0202
                  > patbooks@m...

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                • paperdance2@cs.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 11, 2002
                    Pat....I will come on Saturday, 17th, and will b ring a friend who is
                    interested in
                    BAC.
                    Gianna

                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 12, 2002
                      Judith Hoffberg asked me to let everyone on our list know about this
                      event. Sounds like fun!

                      Miriam Schaer, eminent book artist from Brooklyn, is giving a lecture at the
                      Beverly Hills Public Library on Wednesday 21 August at 7:30 p.m. She will
                      speak on "The Book as Personal Adornment: Wearable Books & Texts" not only
                      with slides, but she is bringing actual works of art to show the audience at
                      the Beverly Hills Public Library, 444 N. Rexford Dr. Beverly Hills. Free
                      refreshments before the lecture. Public parking is north of the Library.

                      This event is sponsored by the Artist Book Circle and Palisades Workshops.
                      The event is open to all those interested in artist books, books and
                      performance.

                      For further information, contact umbrella@... or
                      ghelfgott@...