Re: [bookartsconnection] Book Arts meeting...

  • kmar
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 2, 2002
      Pat-

      Hi. My email and then my computer took a dive on the last meeting date at
      Sara's. Sorry I missed it. I am looking forward to more info- place, time,
      directions etc. Your studio sounds great. I love papermaking et al and
      could bring anything you want in multiple.

      Kathleen Baggarley-Mar

      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 3, 2002
        Y'all:

        This is the official announcement of the Saturday, August 17th Central
        Coast Book Arts Group meeting, which will begin at 12:noon and last
        until 4:pm. It will celebrate the opening of my new Waterleaf Mill &
        Bindery and Pequeño Press in Santa Maria, California. It's going to be
        a shake down cruise for the studio and bindery, so I will have many
        projects set up and ready for everyone to go around and sample:
        papermaking, paper casting, silk marbling, lino cut printing,
        die cutting, silk screen printing, paste papers, polymer clay
        book covers and a specially designed scratch-and-sniff pop-up
        book for everyone to make.
        There will be a mystery tool to solve, and a terrific door prize drawing.

        I must have a definite RSVP for this meeting so I can accomodate
        everyone.

        Driving north on #101 to Santa Maria (about 1 hr from SB), take the
        MAIN STREET exit (jog left off the ramp) and turn RIGHT on Main St.
        Pass one light and turn LEFT at the second light, SUEY St. (you'll
        pass the hospital and begin to see vegetable fields) After one stop
        sign, (Alvin St.) turn LEFT at the next street, ROSE ST. Turn RIGHT at
        the second street, HAL St. Then, if you go straight, you will be aimed
        right into my driveway at the end where Hal T's into Buckskin. My
        address is 1505 Buckskin. (352-0202) It has a white bannister all
        across the front of the house.

        You should bring your usual box of tools. Everything else will be here
        for you to have fun with.

        See ya soon!

        Patrice Baldwin

        P.S. Please RSVP by phone or email
        (805)352-0202
        patbooks@...
      • Tom & Judy Nilsen
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 3, 2002
          It sounds wonderful and I'm sure it will be a great meeting. Thank you for all your effort and organization. Unfortunately I will be unable to attend the workshop. Have fun. Judy Nilsen.
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 3, 2002
            I definitely plan to attend. will confirm by the 10th.

            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 8, 2002
              Helloooooo out there. It's just over a week away and I haven't
              received more than four RSVP's for the 17th meeting in Santa Maria.
              Please, please let me know if you're coming because I'm working up the
              books for y'all to make and preparing a lot of other goodies.

              NOTE: If no more than 6 people RSVP, I'm cancelling. It's too much
              prep work for just a few. We'll have it another time I guess.

              So, let me know: (805)352-0202 <mailto:patbooks@...

              --- In bookartsconnection@y..., "patbooks2000" <patbooks@m...> wrote:
              > Y'all:
              >
              > This is the official announcement of the Saturday, August 17th Central
              > Coast Book Arts Group meeting, which will begin at 12:noon and last
              > until 4:pm. It will celebrate the opening of my new Waterleaf Mill &
              > Bindery and Pequeño Press in Santa Maria, California. It's going to be
              > a shake down cruise for the studio and bindery, so I will have many
              > projects set up and ready for everyone to go around and sample:
              > papermaking, paper casting, silk marbling, lino cut printing,
              > die cutting, silk screen printing, paste papers, polymer clay
              > book covers and a specially designed scratch-and-sniff pop-up
              > book for everyone to make.
              > There will be a mystery tool to solve, and a terrific door prize
              drawing.

              > I must have a definite RSVP for this meeting so I can accomodate
              > everyone.
              >
              > Driving north on #101 to Santa Maria (about 1 hr from SB), take the
              > MAIN STREET exit (jog left off the ramp) and turn RIGHT on Main St.
              > Pass one light and turn LEFT at the second light, SUEY St. (you'll
              > pass the hospital and begin to see vegetable fields) After one stop
              > sign, (Alvin St.) turn LEFT at the next street, ROSE ST. Turn RIGHT at
              > the second street, HAL St. Then, if you go straight, you will be aimed
              > right into my driveway at the end where Hal T's into Buckskin. My
              > address is 1505 Buckskin. (352-0202) It has a white bannister all
              > across the front of the house.
              >
              > You should bring your usual box of tools. Everything else will be here
              > for you to have fun with.
              >
              > See ya soon!
              >
              > Patrice Baldwin
              >
              > P.S. Please RSVP by phone or email
              > (805)352-0202
              > patbooks@m...
            • Sara Norquay
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 8, 2002
                Hi Pat,

                I hope I RSVP'd and I hope everyone is coming. Yikes! I am sure this will be
                a highlight of the summer. Don't cancel please!!!!

                Sara

                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 8, 2002
                  I'm definitely planning to be there and am looking forward to it.
                  Sorry I've been too busy this week to reply sooner!

                  Pam

                • bamajoyce@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 8, 2002
                    Hi Pam. Sharron Carleton and I are planning on attending the Santa Maria workshop on the 17th. I thought I'd RSVP'd but I guess I only THOUGHT about it. Sorry. See you in a week and 2 days.

                    Joyce Resnik
                  • Tom & Judy Nilsen
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 9, 2002
                      Pat, I'm pretty sure I immediately sent a negative RSVP. Sad to miss another meeting, but happy to be going on vacation. Judy Nilsen
                      Helloooooo out there. It's just over a week away and I haven't
                      received more than four RSVP's for the 17th meeting in Santa Maria.
                      Please, please let me know if you're coming because I'm working up the
                      books for y'all to make and preparing a lot of other goodies.

                      NOTE: If no more than 6 people RSVP, I'm cancelling. It's too much
                      prep work for just a few. We'll have it another time I guess.

                      So, let me know: (805)352-0202 <mailto:patbooks@...

                      --- In bookartsconnection@y..., "patbooks2000" <patbooks@m...> wrote:
                      > Y'all:
                      >
                      > This is the official announcement of the Saturday, August 17th Central
                      > Coast Book Arts Group meeting, which will begin at 12:noon and last
                      > until 4:pm. It will celebrate the opening of my new Waterleaf Mill &
                      > Bindery and Pequeño Press in Santa Maria, California. It's going to be
                      > a shake down cruise for the studio and bindery, so I will have many
                      > projects set up and ready for everyone to go around and sample:
                      > papermaking, paper casting, silk marbling, lino cut printing,
                      > die cutting, silk screen printing, paste papers, polymer clay
                      > book covers and a specially designed scratch-and-sniff pop-up
                      > book for everyone to make.
                      > There will be a mystery tool to solve, and a terrific door prize
                      drawing.

                      > I must have a definite RSVP for this meeting so I can accomodate
                      > everyone.
                      >
                      > Driving north on #101 to Santa Maria (about 1 hr from SB), take the
                      > MAIN STREET exit (jog left off the ramp) and turn RIGHT on Main St.
                      > Pass one light and turn LEFT at the second light, SUEY St. (you'll
                      > pass the hospital and begin to see vegetable fields) After one stop
                      > sign, (Alvin St.) turn LEFT at the next street, ROSE ST. Turn RIGHT at
                      > the second street, HAL St. Then, if you go straight, you will be aimed
                      > right into my driveway at the end where Hal T's into Buckskin. My
                      > address is 1505 Buckskin. (352-0202) It has a white bannister all
                      > across the front of the house.
                      >
                      > You should bring your usual box of tools. Everything else will be here
                      > for you to have fun with.
                      >
                      > See ya soon!
                      >
                      > Patrice Baldwin
                      >
                      > P.S. Please RSVP by phone or email
                      > (805)352-0202
                      > patbooks@m...

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    • lolomama@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 9, 2002
                        Sorry, Pat, that I haven't gotten back to you. Unfortunately, I'm not able to
                        come that day. Thanks for all your enthusiasm, tho! Best, Lois Klein

                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 9, 2002
                          Hi Pat. I plan to be there.

                          Ines
                          Helloooooo out there. It's just over a week away and I haven't
                          received more than four RSVP's for the 17th meeting in Santa Maria.
                          Please, please let me know if you're coming because I'm working up the
                          books for y'all to make and preparing a lot of other goodies.

                          NOTE: If no more than 6 people RSVP, I'm cancelling. It's too much
                          prep work for just a few. We'll have it another time I guess.

                          So, let me know: (805)352-0202 <mailto:patbooks@...

                          --- In bookartsconnection@y..., "patbooks2000" <patbooks@m...> wrote:
                          > Y'all:
                          >
                          > This is the official announcement of the Saturday, August 17th Central
                          > Coast Book Arts Group meeting, which will begin at 12:noon and last
                          > until 4:pm. It will celebrate the opening of my new Waterleaf Mill &
                          > Bindery and Pequeño Press in Santa Maria, California. It's going to be
                          > a shake down cruise for the studio and bindery, so I will have many
                          > projects set up and ready for everyone to go around and sample:
                          > papermaking, paper casting, silk marbling, lino cut printing,
                          > die cutting, silk screen printing, paste papers, polymer clay
                          > book covers and a specially designed scratch-and-sniff pop-up
                          > book for everyone to make.
                          > There will be a mystery tool to solve, and a terrific door prize
                          drawing.

                          > I must have a definite RSVP for this meeting so I can accomodate
                          > everyone.
                          >
                          > Driving north on #101 to Santa Maria (about 1 hr from SB), take the
                          > MAIN STREET exit (jog left off the ramp) and turn RIGHT on Main St.
                          > Pass one light and turn LEFT at the second light, SUEY St. (you'll
                          > pass the hospital and begin to see vegetable fields) After one stop
                          > sign, (Alvin St.) turn LEFT at the next street, ROSE ST. Turn RIGHT at
                          > the second street, HAL St. Then, if you go straight, you will be aimed
                          > right into my driveway at the end where Hal T's into Buckskin. My
                          > address is 1505 Buckskin. (352-0202) It has a white bannister all
                          > across the front of the house.
                          >
                          > You should bring your usual box of tools. Everything else will be here
                          > for you to have fun with.
                          >
                          > See ya soon!
                          >
                          > Patrice Baldwin
                          >
                          > P.S. Please RSVP by phone or email
                          > (805)352-0202
                          > patbooks@m...

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        • paperdance2@cs.com
                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 11, 2002
                            Pat....I will come on Saturday, 17th, and will b ring a friend who is
                            interested in
                            BAC.
                            Gianna

                            Message 13 of 15 , Aug 12, 2002
                              Judith Hoffberg asked me to let everyone on our list know about this
                              event. Sounds like fun!

                              Miriam Schaer, eminent book artist from Brooklyn, is giving a lecture at the
                              Beverly Hills Public Library on Wednesday 21 August at 7:30 p.m. She will
                              speak on "The Book as Personal Adornment: Wearable Books & Texts" not only
                              with slides, but she is bringing actual works of art to show the audience at
                              the Beverly Hills Public Library, 444 N. Rexford Dr. Beverly Hills. Free
                              refreshments before the lecture. Public parking is north of the Library.

                              This event is sponsored by the Artist Book Circle and Palisades Workshops.
                              The event is open to all those interested in artist books, books and
                              performance.

                              For further information, contact umbrella@... or
                              ghelfgott@...