No Subject

  • askengel@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28, 2002
      Sara,
      I love these little rubber stamps you gave to us yesterday.
      Last night I came home and made a book using some pages from a
      calendar and stamping a pattern with different colored inks (like you
      were doing) The text of the 6-page book was this quote from Rumi:

      "Today like every other day we wake up empty & scared.
      Don't open the door to the study & begin reading!
      Take down the dulcimer.
      Let the beauty we love be what we do
      There are hundreds of ways to kneel & kiss the ground."

      Thanks for the inspiration.
      Sharon
    • askengel@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2002
        Hi Pat,
        Your workshop sounds interesting and I wish I could attend, but this Saturday
        is impossible for me. Hopefully, you'll have this one again. You DID
        describe
        the RECHOSO binding, but is there any place we can see a picture of it?
        Is it hard cover or soft? Will you be working on content or will it be blank?
        Thanks, Sharon
      • Pat Baldwin
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2002
          Sharon - The RECHOSO binding can be either hard or soft cover. The
          book can be planned for printing text, and I'll go over some of those
          details too. We'll be learning the sewing structure and will probably
          have plenty of time to make both a hard and soft cover during the
          workshop.

          Sorry you can't take it. Hope to get a couple more to round out the class.

          Patrice