Monthly meeting

  • askengel@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 27, 2002
      A big thanks to Sara for a great meeting today.
      All was appreciated...from being in such a nice space,
      free gifts, inspiration, good food, and info on 'zines.

      Sharon
    • patbooks2000
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 28, 2002
        Thanks so much, Sara, for hosting the meeting Saturday at "your"
        school. It was lots of fun and we all enjoyed it. I'm now trying to
        figure out some new projects with my lifetime supply of small mat
        board! hehehehe

        The August 17th meeting of the Central Coast Book Arts Group will
        coincide with the official inaguration of my WATERLEAF MILL & BINDERY
        and PEQUEÑO PRESS in Santa Maria! It will be sort of a shakedown
        cruise for the studio and bindery. I'll have lots of things set up at
        different work stations to try out - paper making & casting, marbling,
        print making, die cutting, watermarking, book making, paste papers, etc.

        ...news at 11:

        Patrice Baldwin
      • kmar
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 2, 2002
          Pat-

          Hi. My email and then my computer took a dive on the last meeting date at
          Sara's. Sorry I missed it. I am looking forward to more info- place, time,
          directions etc. Your studio sounds great. I love papermaking et al and
          could bring anything you want in multiple.

          Kathleen Baggarley-Mar

          > Thanks so much, Sara, for hosting the meeting Saturday at "your"
          > school. It was lots of fun and we all enjoyed it. I'm now trying to
          > figure out some new projects with my lifetime supply of small mat
          > board! hehehehe
          >
          > The August 17th meeting of the Central Coast Book Arts Group will
          > coincide with the official inaguration of my WATERLEAF MILL & BINDERY
          > and PEQUEÑO PRESS in Santa Maria! It will be sort of a shakedown
          > cruise for the studio and bindery. I'll have lots of things set up at
          > different work stations to try out - paper making & casting, marbling,
          > print making, die cutting, watermarking, book making, paste papers, etc.
          >
          > ...news at 11:
          >
          > Patrice Baldwin

        • patbooks2000
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 3, 2002
            Y'all:

            This is the official announcement of the Saturday, August 17th Central
            Coast Book Arts Group meeting, which will begin at 12:noon and last
            until 4:pm. It will celebrate the opening of my new Waterleaf Mill &
            Bindery and Pequeño Press in Santa Maria, California. It's going to be
            a shake down cruise for the studio and bindery, so I will have many
            projects set up and ready for everyone to go around and sample:
            papermaking, paper casting, silk marbling, lino cut printing,
            die cutting, silk screen printing, paste papers, polymer clay
            book covers and a specially designed scratch-and-sniff pop-up
            book for everyone to make.
            There will be a mystery tool to solve, and a terrific door prize drawing.

            I must have a definite RSVP for this meeting so I can accomodate
            everyone.

            Driving north on #101 to Santa Maria (about 1 hr from SB), take the
            MAIN STREET exit (jog left off the ramp) and turn RIGHT on Main St.
            Pass one light and turn LEFT at the second light, SUEY St. (you'll
            pass the hospital and begin to see vegetable fields) After one stop
            sign, (Alvin St.) turn LEFT at the next street, ROSE ST. Turn RIGHT at
            the second street, HAL St. Then, if you go straight, you will be aimed
            right into my driveway at the end where Hal T's into Buckskin. My
            address is 1505 Buckskin. (352-0202) It has a white bannister all
            across the front of the house.

            You should bring your usual box of tools. Everything else will be here
            for you to have fun with.

            See ya soon!

            Patrice Baldwin

            P.S. Please RSVP by phone or email
            (805)352-0202
            patbooks@...
          • Tom & Judy Nilsen
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 3, 2002
              It sounds wonderful and I'm sure it will be a great meeting. Thank you for all your effort and organization. Unfortunately I will be unable to attend the workshop. Have fun. Judy Nilsen.
[...]

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 3, 2002
                I definitely plan to attend. will confirm by the 10th.

                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 8, 2002
                  Helloooooo out there. It's just over a week away and I haven't
                  received more than four RSVP's for the 17th meeting in Santa Maria.
                  Please, please let me know if you're coming because I'm working up the
                  books for y'all to make and preparing a lot of other goodies.

                  NOTE: If no more than 6 people RSVP, I'm cancelling. It's too much
                  prep work for just a few. We'll have it another time I guess.

                  So, let me know: (805)352-0202 <mailto:patbooks@...

                  --- In bookartsconnection@y..., "patbooks2000" <patbooks@m...> wrote:
                  > Y'all:
                  >
                  > This is the official announcement of the Saturday, August 17th Central
                  > Coast Book Arts Group meeting, which will begin at 12:noon and last
                  > until 4:pm. It will celebrate the opening of my new Waterleaf Mill &
                  > Bindery and Pequeño Press in Santa Maria, California. It's going to be
                  > a shake down cruise for the studio and bindery, so I will have many
                  > projects set up and ready for everyone to go around and sample:
                  > papermaking, paper casting, silk marbling, lino cut printing,
                  > die cutting, silk screen printing, paste papers, polymer clay
                  > book covers and a specially designed scratch-and-sniff pop-up
                  > book for everyone to make.
                  > There will be a mystery tool to solve, and a terrific door prize
                  drawing.

                  > I must have a definite RSVP for this meeting so I can accomodate
                  > everyone.
                  >
                  > Driving north on #101 to Santa Maria (about 1 hr from SB), take the
                  > MAIN STREET exit (jog left off the ramp) and turn RIGHT on Main St.
                  > Pass one light and turn LEFT at the second light, SUEY St. (you'll
                  > pass the hospital and begin to see vegetable fields) After one stop
                  > sign, (Alvin St.) turn LEFT at the next street, ROSE ST. Turn RIGHT at
                  > the second street, HAL St. Then, if you go straight, you will be aimed
                  > right into my driveway at the end where Hal T's into Buckskin. My
                  > address is 1505 Buckskin. (352-0202) It has a white bannister all
                  > across the front of the house.
                  >
                  > You should bring your usual box of tools. Everything else will be here
                  > for you to have fun with.
                  >
                  > See ya soon!
                  >
                  > Patrice Baldwin
                  >
                  > P.S. Please RSVP by phone or email
                  > (805)352-0202
                  > patbooks@m...
                • Sara Norquay
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 8, 2002
                    Hi Pat,

                    I hope I RSVP'd and I hope everyone is coming. Yikes! I am sure this will be
                    a highlight of the summer. Don't cancel please!!!!

                    Sara

                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 8, 2002
                      I'm definitely planning to be there and am looking forward to it.
                      Sorry I've been too busy this week to reply sooner!

                      Pam

                    • bamajoyce@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 8, 2002
                        Hi Pam. Sharron Carleton and I are planning on attending the Santa Maria workshop on the 17th. I thought I'd RSVP'd but I guess I only THOUGHT about it. Sorry. See you in a week and 2 days.

                        Joyce Resnik
                      • Tom & Judy Nilsen
                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 9, 2002
                          Pat, I'm pretty sure I immediately sent a negative RSVP. Sad to miss another meeting, but happy to be going on vacation. Judy Nilsen
                          Helloooooo out there. It's just over a week away and I haven't
                          received more than four RSVP's for the 17th meeting in Santa Maria.
                          Please, please let me know if you're coming because I'm working up the
                          books for y'all to make and preparing a lot of other goodies.

                          NOTE: If no more than 6 people RSVP, I'm cancelling. It's too much
                          prep work for just a few. We'll have it another time I guess.

                          So, let me know: (805)352-0202 <mailto:patbooks@...

                          --- In bookartsconnection@y..., "patbooks2000" <patbooks@m...> wrote:
                          > Y'all:
                          >
                          > This is the official announcement of the Saturday, August 17th Central
                          > Coast Book Arts Group meeting, which will begin at 12:noon and last
                          > until 4:pm. It will celebrate the opening of my new Waterleaf Mill &
                          > Bindery and Pequeño Press in Santa Maria, California. It's going to be
                          > a shake down cruise for the studio and bindery, so I will have many
                          > projects set up and ready for everyone to go around and sample:
                          > papermaking, paper casting, silk marbling, lino cut printing,
                          > die cutting, silk screen printing, paste papers, polymer clay
                          > book covers and a specially designed scratch-and-sniff pop-up
                          > book for everyone to make.
                          > There will be a mystery tool to solve, and a terrific door prize
                          drawing.

                          > I must have a definite RSVP for this meeting so I can accomodate
                          > everyone.
                          >
                          > Driving north on #101 to Santa Maria (about 1 hr from SB), take the
                          > MAIN STREET exit (jog left off the ramp) and turn RIGHT on Main St.
                          > Pass one light and turn LEFT at the second light, SUEY St. (you'll
                          > pass the hospital and begin to see vegetable fields) After one stop
                          > sign, (Alvin St.) turn LEFT at the next street, ROSE ST. Turn RIGHT at
                          > the second street, HAL St. Then, if you go straight, you will be aimed
                          > right into my driveway at the end where Hal T's into Buckskin. My
                          > address is 1505 Buckskin. (352-0202) It has a white bannister all
                          > across the front of the house.
                          >
                          > You should bring your usual box of tools. Everything else will be here
                          > for you to have fun with.
                          >
                          > See ya soon!
                          >
                          > Patrice Baldwin
                          >
                          > P.S. Please RSVP by phone or email
                          > (805)352-0202
                          > patbooks@m...

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        • lolomama@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 9, 2002
                            Sorry, Pat, that I haven't gotten back to you. Unfortunately, I'm not able to
                            come that day. Thanks for all your enthusiasm, tho! Best, Lois Klein

                            Message 13 of 15 , Aug 9, 2002
                              Hi Pat. I plan to be there.

                              Ines
                              Helloooooo out there. It's just over a week away and I haven't
                              received more than four RSVP's for the 17th meeting in Santa Maria.
                              Please, please let me know if you're coming because I'm working up the
                              books for y'all to make and preparing a lot of other goodies.

                              NOTE: If no more than 6 people RSVP, I'm cancelling. It's too much
                              prep work for just a few. We'll have it another time I guess.

                              So, let me know: (805)352-0202 <mailto:patbooks@...

                              --- In bookartsconnection@y..., "patbooks2000" <patbooks@m...> wrote:
                              > Y'all:
                              >
                              > This is the official announcement of the Saturday, August 17th Central
                              > Coast Book Arts Group meeting, which will begin at 12:noon and last
                              > until 4:pm. It will celebrate the opening of my new Waterleaf Mill &
                              > Bindery and Pequeño Press in Santa Maria, California. It's going to be
                              > a shake down cruise for the studio and bindery, so I will have many
                              > projects set up and ready for everyone to go around and sample:
                              > papermaking, paper casting, silk marbling, lino cut printing,
                              > die cutting, silk screen printing, paste papers, polymer clay
                              > book covers and a specially designed scratch-and-sniff pop-up
                              > book for everyone to make.
                              > There will be a mystery tool to solve, and a terrific door prize
                              drawing.

                              > I must have a definite RSVP for this meeting so I can accomodate
                              > everyone.
                              >
                              > Driving north on #101 to Santa Maria (about 1 hr from SB), take the
                              > MAIN STREET exit (jog left off the ramp) and turn RIGHT on Main St.
                              > Pass one light and turn LEFT at the second light, SUEY St. (you'll
                              > pass the hospital and begin to see vegetable fields) After one stop
                              > sign, (Alvin St.) turn LEFT at the next street, ROSE ST. Turn RIGHT at
                              > the second street, HAL St. Then, if you go straight, you will be aimed
                              > right into my driveway at the end where Hal T's into Buckskin. My
                              > address is 1505 Buckskin. (352-0202) It has a white bannister all
                              > across the front of the house.
                              >
                              > You should bring your usual box of tools. Everything else will be here
                              > for you to have fun with.
                              >
                              > See ya soon!
                              >
                              > Patrice Baldwin
                              >
                              > P.S. Please RSVP by phone or email
                              > (805)352-0202
                              > patbooks@m...

                              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                            • paperdance2@cs.com
                              Message 14 of 15 , Aug 11, 2002
                                Pat....I will come on Saturday, 17th, and will b ring a friend who is
                                interested in
                                BAC.
                                Gianna

                                Message 15 of 15 , Aug 12, 2002
                                  Judith Hoffberg asked me to let everyone on our list know about this
                                  event. Sounds like fun!

                                  Miriam Schaer, eminent book artist from Brooklyn, is giving a lecture at the
                                  Beverly Hills Public Library on Wednesday 21 August at 7:30 p.m. She will
                                  speak on "The Book as Personal Adornment: Wearable Books & Texts" not only
                                  with slides, but she is bringing actual works of art to show the audience at
                                  the Beverly Hills Public Library, 444 N. Rexford Dr. Beverly Hills. Free
                                  refreshments before the lecture. Public parking is north of the Library.

                                  This event is sponsored by the Artist Book Circle and Palisades Workshops.
                                  The event is open to all those interested in artist books, books and
                                  performance.

                                  For further information, contact umbrella@... or
                                  ghelfgott@...