Fw: Help support us this Saturday June 1st !!! --The NAMIWalk in Golden Gate Park

  • Steve Robison
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2013
      To:  All our friends who can make a difference...

      From: Steve Robison and Karen Cutter

      Karen and I are writing to tell you about NAMIWalk, a signature 3 mile
      walkathon event for the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) that is being held this Saturday, June 1st, in Golden
      Gate Park. We are proud to be walking on their behalf.

      NAMI is the National Alliance on Mental
      Illness, and their many classes and programs have made a huge difference
      in our lives. We are very proud to be walking to help support NAMI so
      that they can continue to help others in need.

      Local
      families, volunteers and those with mental illness have
      repeatedly proven to be invaluable and helpful to us by generously sharing their
      knowledge and experiences through NAMI. By walking this Saturday, we will be returning the favor !

      NAMI, the Nation's Voice on Mental Illness, is the largest education, support and advocacy organization that serves the needs of all those whose
      lives are touched by mental illness. This includes those with a mental health challenges, their families, friends, and employers, as well as the
      law enforcement community and policy makers.

      The NAMI organization is composed of approximately 1100 local affiliates,
      50 state offices, and a national office. NAMI is there to support all
      those affected by mental illness, including our returning veterans and
      their families in the challenges they face with PTSD and other mental
      issues.

      It is a fact that one in four families will be affected in some way by mental illness.

      The goals of the NAMIWalks program are: fight the stigma that surrounds
      mental illness and to build awareness of the fact that the mental health system in this country needs to be improved.

      NAMI has been rated by Worth magazine in the top 100 charities "most likely
      to help save the world" and has been given an A+ rating by The American
      Institute of Philanthropy for efficient and effective use of charitable
      dollars. The NAMI organization has a very low administrative cost with
      95 cents of every dollar going directly to its mission.

      Mental illness affects many, many families, but is too often ignored. It's time to stand up and do something big.  Those affected deserve earlier and better treatment, and their family members deserve our support. We can make a huge difference in our lifetime, beginning this Saturday by raising both awareness and support.

      This year we have formed a walk team with a catchy name....the "San Mateo TsuNAMIs."
      We're small, but are building momentum! We aim to make some big waves for NAMI, and with your help and the help of others, we intend to build a tidal wave of support that will be unstoppable !!!

      Please help the National Alliance on Mental Illness and help us eliminate the stigma surrounding mental illness and build a tremendous tidalwave of support for NAMI now!!

      If you would care to make a donation to sponsor us, please visit one or both of the links below:

       The Team page for the  "San Mateo Tsu NAMIs "  is:

             http://namiwalks.nami.org/SanMateoTsuNAMIs

      The personal walker page for "Steve Robison" is:

             http://namiwalks.nami.org/SteveRobison

      In addition to a donation, you may also decide to join our team and walk with us as well.

      But no matter how you choose to participate, we thank you for your support

      Best wishes,

                  --Steve Robison & Karen Cutter

      P.S. - If this letter should reach you after the June 1st walk date, you can still click on the link above to help us reach our goals. It's never
      too late to help! :-)