Art of the Book 4 events in Ventura
- I went by yesterday to look at the space for hanging my big book "Death and Other Lives" and I got to see the work submitted. This is going to be an amazing show of book arts. And I got an update on the Fashion Show: time to get on your catwalk finery and strut your stuff!
The Artists� Union Gallery presents:
Art of the Book 4
August 25 to October 7, 2012
Opening Night Reception ~ August 25 from 6 to 8 pm
Curator: In�s Mongui� Juror: Elena Mary Siff
An exhibit featuring contemporary, traditional, and unusual book art. This includes three dimensional
artwork that uses any book format (from tablets to codex) or a book as the base for the artwork. Two
dimensional artwork includes text as an integral part of its� composition.
* Featured First Friday Gallery Walk - Friday, September 7, 6-8pm. At 6:30pm "A Talk on Book Art"
with featured artist Beverly Decker will include a power point presentation illustrating different kinds
of book art, a short history of book art, and some of Beverly's books.
* Poetry with Holaday Mason - Saturday, September 8, @ 7:30pm
* A Fashion Show - �Literary Vogue: Fashion of the Book� � Saturday, September 15, 7:30pm
A fundraiser to benefit the Artists� Union � Admission $5 at the door
* Poetry - Book Art Invitational Reading - Saturday, September 29, @ 7:30pm
* First Friday Gallery Walk - Friday, October 5, 6-8pm
At 6:30pm - RETROSPECT � The Artists� Union Gallery 2002-2012
* Saturday, October 6 - Our 10 year anniversary party and closing reception 6-8pm
Tuesday Night Poetry - Featured poet & open mic, host: Phil Taggart at 7:30pm
89 S. California Street ~ Ventura, CA 93001 (805) 643-3012
Gallery Hours: Wed. Thurs. & Sun. - 12-6pm & Fri. & Sat. 12-8 p.m.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]